Headlight and Tail Light Gallery - Post Pics Here

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ruddigger said:
This is a brand new chrome Nirve headlight, but it was way too shiny to use on my ratter. Some copper paint and gold rub-n-buff, and some red automotive tail light repair tape and now it's a rusty looking tail light.

6802974866_d07a05b69f_z.jpg

6949085467_ed24f0f0d3_z.jpg
thats a sweet bike

I know there are some more cool light ideas out there??????!!!!!

I need a tail light for my staright 8, its already got the nirve black light up front. THis is my first cruiser. Does it throw off the balance of the bike to have identical front and rear lights? ive seen people on here use the nirve in the rear, but they normally have bigger lights up front. I guess my other choice is the bullet....but im not sure if i like that....and can i have 2 bullets mounted on the rear axle with the nexus hub controller on the drive side?

edit: maybe im wrong and the lights mount into the fender mounts, not onto the ends of hte spindle

My headlight and taillight. Just need to finish wiring and find a place to hide a battery.[img
headlight007.jpg
][/img]
headlight008.jpg
[img
headlight009.jpg
][/img][/img]

Just a little bump to remind people to post their cool lights in this gallery.

normal light, mounted a bit different though

hoodcruiser001-1.jpg

hoodcruiser002-1.jpg

i like how bike headlights look when they sit real low, but i figured it'd get shook to bits on a springer. so i made a hanger that comes off the pivot bolt. it still moves a little, but not as much as if i had put it on the wheel axle or fork leg.

Here's the headlight and tail light i'm planning on using on my custom chopper. When i get it done the bike and lights will have white pin striping too!

How they looked...
lightbefore.jpg

lightssanded.jpg

And now...
lightsdone2.jpg

lightsdone1.jpg

lightsdone3.jpg

hey joe is that bolted to the fender or squezzed between the rack? looks good now for some patina to shiney :mrgreen: looks real good tho

jaysmo said:
hey joe is that bolted to the fender or squezzed between the rack? looks good now for some patina to shiney :mrgreen: looks real good tho
Thanks. It's bolted to the fender. As for the patina I was just going to let nature take its course. May not have the patience though.
After seeing Sorcerer's light I should have put a little more effort into mine.

aka_locojoe said:
jaysmo said:
Thanks. It's bolted to the fender. As for the patina I was just going to let nature take its course. May not have the patience though.
After seeing Sorcerer's light I should have put a little more effort into mine.
shot it with the paint the bike has lightly should work fine till the real patin sets in. i like it i might have to steal yours and sourcerers designs cause these are cool.

Hey Gamebent,

I see you set up the light to use a 6v LED bulb, but wired it with a 9v battery. Does this just pump more juice into the bulb to make it brighter without burning it out? Any downside?

The light looks great on your bike. I just bought a similar Puch light (older, it looks like) and the same bulb so I want to make sure I do it right.

This should look great on my Straight 8, too.

Thanks for the idea,
Jim

GameBent said:
I converted an old Puch moped headlight to LED.
First I cleaned and painted it, and then I wired the inside to use battery power (note the improvised 9v battery holder).

LED%20shut.jpg

I found a 6v 24 LED bulb on eBay that fit inside the Puch bulb housing, so it was an easy conversion.

Ghostrider%20Final.jpg

I mounted the headlight using motorcycle fork brackets.

LED%20dark.jpg

Hey cool spaceship!!! :wink:

aka_locojoe said:
Did a little more work on my tin can headlight.
P1020657.JPG

P1020659.JPG

Also made another one.
P1020617.JPG

P1020621.JPG

nise touches to the first one and the second came out pretty nice also... im gonnahave to make me one.. a can of chef boyardi for dinner its is.. :| :lol:

Here is some I built.
IM000310.jpg

IM000313.jpg

SORCERER

Back