Headlight and Tail Light Gallery - Post Pics Here

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LEDs are low amperage draw so a small 12 will last lots longer than they used to with typical bulbs. Any combination of small 1.5V batteries wired up to make 12V+ and fit in your housing should work.

Scrapirondesigns said:
ole blue's led tubes tail light is made from a old 40s Chevy truck tail light that was broken
hube7aqu.jpg
y2apy3eq.jpg
2upenypu.jpg
azesa4y3.jpg

Evil twin's lights
Tail light is made from a good old 40s tail light. Made a slim case for it and put a standard bike light in it.

u5u4a4es.jpg
dadute2y.jpg
yve2e9un.jpg
eqy6asu9.jpg
ryrezy9u.jpg
utuqusep.jpg
8yzu9yje.jpg
myqyde9y.jpg
humy7yga.jpg
atu2u5y4.jpg

great work done man. Looks awesome

Update on my Reflector. Turns out my broken headlamp from work is the same diameter as my light housing.
IMG_20120917_203121.jpg

IMG_20120917_203200.jpg

Will probably be assembled tomorrow

Another work of art by "Sorcerer". Got this a while back & just now getting it on a bike. He does awesome work! :D

HIGGINSRAT002_zpscfbe8369.jpg

HIGGINSRAT001_zps209df5f6.jpg

Here's what I did;
Headlights-found pair of s&p shakers,drilled out,used mini led flashlite,mounted on bell clamps
hornelites089.jpg

finalpics057.jpg

Tail light;
old sink drain extender,same mini led lite,piece of red lp,plastic gem for blue dot
finalpics013.jpg

finalpics008.jpg

finalpics016.jpg

Vonpotter said:
Update on my Reflector. Turns out my broken headlamp from work is the same diameter as my light housing.
IMG_20120917_203121.jpg

IMG_20120917_203200.jpg

Will probably be assembled tomorrow

Thanks for posting those pictures. I've been looking for something to use to convert my headlight to LEDs. I've bought a few flashlights but the way they are put together it's hard to get the LED array out. I've seen that style of head lamp online and wondered how it came apart. Looks perfect.

630_22.jpg

630_18.jpg

There is an online retailer ( SuperBrightLEDs.com) that has every kind of LED product you can think of, including bicycle lights AND LED bulbs. The bulbs come in flange base and screw-in base, so there is something in their product line to fit your current light or new build... just remember to reverse the polarity. I used the screw-in bulbs on my lights and they are much brighter than the original bulbs.

Link- http://www.superbrightleds.com/cat/led- ... ght-bulbs/

My lights-

Hawk-Eye Twins Combo Light 1 by fanegatrac, on Flickr

Octopus Bicycle Rear Lamp by fanegatrac, on Flickr

My light set i bought off CCR...friggin love it!
604018_10200526931436158_1299709532_n.jpg

(before i painted the rack and chainguard)
374299_10200411254944318_1945697418_n.jpg

In desperate need of zip ties :!:

Hi Guys,

I have a BRATZ lowrider which I have modified (we dont have a big choice of lowriders in the UK and the original bike was cheap!), I have added a chrome front light which I think really sets of the front end:
005_zps85dd36bc-1_zpsf3ebcad9.jpg

I have also put in a flashing rear light also using the original light and mounting
2414b532-e55c-4bf7-ae27-9282e3b18096_zps81f6e683.jpg

bike002_zps3433dfd5.jpg
I found a pair of these at a swap meet. From a fire truck or ambulance. Works well with my military ambulance theme OCC.

I just added to my bike 2 new lights made by Gotham Bicycle Defense Industries. They are well made and outright awesome (and yes, expensive). I mounted them low on the fork fender stay eyelets. That way they cast shadows of anything that sticks up in the road.

Defender_Front_Angle_Chrome_grande.jpg

What they look like on my bike....

Gotham 1 by fanegatrac, on Flickr

Gotham 2 by fanegatrac, on Flickr

Their website... http://www.bikegotham.com/collections/bike-lights

freestuff012_zps5cd65892.jpg

Scored this moped light off of board member Jaxon. Rigged it up to a drill battery and it lit right up. It's a 6V light and I was thinking of hooking it up with an internal 9V battery. Anyone know of any issues with this? I really don't feel like trying to hide a lantern battery somewhere on my bike.

Back