Headlight and Tail Light Gallery - Post Pics Here

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kingfish254

BUILD COOL BIKES AND HAVE FUN!!
Pro Member
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
130   0   0
Headlight and Tail Light Gallery - Post Pics Here

After seeing a few cool headlights on a recent thread, I searched to see if there was a gallery dedicated to the creative headlights and tail lights that people have put on their bikes. Here is my attempt to start one.

Please post any headlights and tail lights that you are proud of.

I'll start it off with the ones I put on my RRB BO #6 "BEER RUN" bike

Billy Beer Can Headlight and Vintage Beer Can Tail Lights.

IMG_2255.jpg

IMG_2256.jpg

IMG_2257.jpg

Mine are pretty simple. I found a stainless steel thermos washed up on the shore of the Pamlico river, so I cut off the mouth of it to make my taillight. It's full of LEDs with a cut/shaped trailer light lens and a piece of the thermos body cut to make a "hood."

IMG_4434.jpg

IMG_4483.jpg

The headlight is just a Warn off-road light, also stainless steel. LED converted with a 9volt inside with an external wired switch.

100_2794.jpg

Nothing too creative...
A black plastic Wal-Mart utility light. gutted the 12v internals, cut a hole in the back of the housing and jammed in an 9 LED flashlight.
DSCF3279.jpg

An old car battery terminal cleaner with a similar treatment to the headlight.
DSCF3281.jpg

A Spaceliner rear reflector turned tail light. Cut the thin metal backer off the reflector, attached a 12 LED interior car dome light to a fuse block, wired to a remote battery and switch.
DSCF3282.jpg

More coming, just discovered a 68 LED H7 headlight bulb fits into the reflector bowl of an old tractor light I'm working on. A 9 volt battery touched to the terminals lights it up! More on that later.

Cheers,
Dr. T

Tank, I like the battery cleaner light too.
Yooth, I forgot about your thermos light. Pretty cool.

Thanks. Some good stuff here.

I'm working on a dog food can light? now . :roll:

Sorcerer

Here's an old boat marine light. I bead blasted the brass and painted the bezel black. I still need to fill it with LEDs. I'm gonna try to use the 90 LED flash light from Harbor Freight.
CIMG1990r.jpg

CIMG1998r.jpg

Here's a tail light I made out of an old suicide knob for a steering wheel. I used a single LED flexible pen light and zip tied the battery pack behind the fender brace then wrapped it with some leather string out of a baseball glove.
CIMG1835r.jpg

CIMG1837r.jpg

CIMG1843r.jpg

Wow! to all of the posts so far! I am so glad that I started this post.

Keep on posting! Let's see your lights!

Great idea with the faucet head for a trim ring!!

Life vest headlight and boat bow lights as tail lights. Kinda goes with the water ski rack of Fugsley.
IMG_4872.jpg

IMG_4873.jpg

WP_000985.jpg

IMG_4878.jpg

Latest posts

Back