Headlight mounting suggestions?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a vintage headlight which has the mount attached to the body of the light, the other end would slide over a headset mounted bracket usually but as I have a bmx stem on my felt this bracket will not fit, I would prefer to mount it via the brake hole on the forks but cant find a bracket that has this option only headset or clamped to the fork leg, any suggestions?
This mount -

onto the front brake mount -

Have you considered fabricating a mounting tongue out of something like this?

9dff93e0-8ca8-471f-b1d7-127c8034701b_400.jpg

Bend it into a "Z" shape and mount it to the fork using those concave spacers that one usually finds behind caliper brakes. I think this would work and wouldn't require any modifications to the original lamp or bracket--a bonus.

I was going to suggest earlier that you suspend two black Maglights on either side of the stem...like twin machine guns.

Yes that's a consideration and still a possibility, even 4, but just bought some vintage lights and they looks cool, other alternative is carbide vintage ights but they also have the same slot in headset mounts, I could fab up a bracket but it would look rubbish as I have no tools to make one, has to look decent as I don't like cutting corners on details, cant have a new bike and bling lights with some half ..... bracket made up, maybe I will check the hardware store and see if anything appropriate shows up.

Back