Heavyweight build "FATBOB" CHANGES!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Single sided stay/forks '59 Cadillac bike. SCOOTER PICS UP!

FBN? Afraid I don't know what that is...
I have thought about building my own roller, would not be that hard, just need the dies... Might research it a little more and build one if I keep doing bikes...

Luke.

Ah! Cool thanks, I will check it out Saturday...
Just had to add, you comment about getting poked in the eye with a bus is now Yoothgeye's sig line... :lol:

Luke.

Luke:

Ever do any hydrallics for cars and such, ya know that California bouncing up and down thing? I have seen burritos done this way, but I am woefuly illerit on that type of stuff...

I need to do some research on this, but some of the stuff I have seen assumes a broader base knowledge than I have.

Pirate4x4 is another good forum for homespun tools and benders if you can't get thru to the other sites.
Thanks for the FBN tip wimpy, I'll take alook myself.

Thanks

Rich

Seen them jumping cars and bikes. Never done any of my own hydraulics on cars or bikes, but got a good working knowledge on hydraulics and have done pneumatics courses in the past so air ride bikes are not out of the question, there are a couple on here, but I'm not sure if anyone actually got one finished???

Luke.

It's not my intention of getting you into data-trouble (computer-wise), 'cause I understand the providing of internet works in a different way than on this side of the globe. Or have I misinterpreted your post,a couple of days ago?

LuKe

Ya don't have to dl the chopper video I linked too, the thread from the AZ site was covering all of the info... than if that is a problem I could see about some build links.
Catch them at a time when you feel the need :) ya got a whole lifetime, no rush, no worries man :D

We want you fresh as a daisy when the build off starts, there looks like there might be a few extra bikes I see from the build threads :D

Rich

Yeah, looks like we are up to 6 builders now, have not heard anymore from the 2 new members, but I'm assuming they are in... :D

Regarding the internet, my wife got a new computer this month with windows 8 on it, downloading all the updates, games and virus scanners etc, is what put us over our limit it think. Windows 8 seems good, but it is data hungry!

Looking forward to the build off, not much left to find, I think my total budget will be around $80 (steel $30, 18tooth freewheels $32, rear rim $10), maybe a little more if I decide to add a speedo...

Would probably cost $200+ to build if I didn't have a stockpile of bits and pieces... Things are a lot cheaper over there though, if I was building over there it would be half that, plus I am spending more than I have to, because I want this to be a really nice bike to ride, think it will become my daily rider... :mrgreen:

Luke.

LukeTheJoker said:
Yeah, looks like we are up to 6 builders now, have not heard anymore from the 2 new members, but I'm assuming they are in... :D

Regarding the internet, my wife got a new computer this month with windows 8 on it, downloading all the updates, games and virus scanners etc, is what put us over our limit it think. Windows 8 seems good, but it is data hungry!

Looking forward to the build off, not much left to find, I think my total budget will be around $80 (steel $30, 18tooth freewheels $32, rear rim $10), maybe a little more if I decide to add a speedo...

Would probably cost $200+ to build if I didn't have a stockpile of bits and pieces... Things are a lot cheaper over there though, if I was building over there it would be half that, plus I am spending more than I have to, because I want this to be a really nice bike to ride, think it will become my daily rider... :mrgreen:

I'm still in! :D
The windows 8 is awesome, it's what I have 8)

Luke.

Glad your still in Lucas! I was actually talking about the 2 new forum members who joined up last night (well last night my time, probably middle of the day over there!) GTV Saviour and RANDALL. Puts us up to 6 builders so, should be a good build off!

Luke.

LukeTheJoker said:
Glad your still in Lucas! I was actually talking about the 2 new forum members who joined up last night (well last night my time, probably middle of the day over there!) GTV Saviour and RANDALL. Puts us up to 6 builders so, should be a good build off!

Luke.
Sweet, it should be interesting 8)

Re: Single sided stay/forks '59 Cadillac bike. APES MOCKED UP!!!

Well today was another fire ban day so my plans for making the handle bar clamp came to zip... Did however whip up a quick set of apes to try out on the bike, they kinked a bit on the corners as I was unable to fill them with sand and weld the ends for obvious reasons, but it does give me a good idea of what shape I want...

DSC00179 by LukeTheJoker, on Flickr

The actual apes that I make for it will be narrower, they look a bit wide at the moment, plus it needs to get through doorways! :wink: Probably going to shorten the uprights a bit too, it is a bit of a reach to them at the moment...

DSC00180 by LukeTheJoker, on Flickr

Let me know what you think...

Luke.

Re: Single sided stay/forks '59 Cadillac bike. APE'S MOCKED UP!!

The more I look at those photo's the less I like them, to me it is looking more Harley than Caddie...

Did a quick paint mock up of an idea I just came up with, the grey blobby thing is the headlight, it mounts off the end of the bars, in front of the forks.

8413645120_e9fc015291 by LukeTheJoker, on Flickr

I think it could work...

Luke.

LukeTheJoker said:
The more I look at those photo's the less I like them, to me it is looking more Harley than Caddie...

Did a quick paint mock up of an idea I just came up with, the grey blobby thing is the headlight, it mounts off the end of the bars, in front of the forks.

8413645120_e9fc015291 by LukeTheJoker, on Flickr

I think it could work...

Luke.
I like this idea much better, it'd be neat to see a headlight mounted off the bars :)

Apes look cool,but very much like a Harley indeed. Nothing wrong with that of course,but if you wanna go for the Caddy look,the second option is way better. Great idea for the headlight mount also. Thumbs up for this idea,mate.
Last,but not least: the bike fits you like a glove.

Back