Hello all from Big Wheels - B.C.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone, my name is kevin, and I am addicted to bikes. Well you know what I mean... i've been building and slapping together bikes since I was old enough to ride them, the faster the better! Over the past few years I have especially gotten into the vintage category of things and have not been able to loosen grip. I do all sorts of biking, with downhill freeriding being my chocolate, there's nothing like shredding a good trail, to cruising in the sun and just enjoying a relaxing glide down to the beach for a break. I enjoy the true spirit of a rat rod, i like working with bikes that others wont work with, I try to shine up rather than replace, i'll even work with bikes from the(80's)!! I have a very limited budget to do what I do with my bikes so I try to scavenge and search for my parts rather than buy them, I like the thrifty side of this hobby, so most of my bikes are made up of parts from my household inventory. I just make mine for fun, just to have a little variety for when I want to go for a ride. I have a bike best suited for grabbin groceries at the store, one for high speed and long distance, one for trail cruising, one for small spaces, i just seem to keep bikes for little niche purposes! I decided that having a dozen or so bikes in my living room at one time was kind of bearing down on the free space in the house, so I decided to start selling them. Besides subsidizing my hobby the best part about selling them is seeing the bicycle community grow and to be spreading the passion of this world one two wheeler at a time. Over the last 6 months my roommate and I have made and sold 17 bikes, and they have gone to loving owners whom otherwise would still have not ridden a bike since they were ten, or have a classy bike 30 to 60 years old that they enjoy riding on a regular basis. I love it all. Either way I love this site and the community it represents, I'm glad to be a contributing part and look forward to seeing some beautiful bikes ! Thanks ~ Kevbonium ~

A few of my wheels -
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=22274

Hi Kevin, and welcome.

I will also work with bikes from THE 80's (shudder?) Any Favs?

welcome neighbor, any pics of your bikes 8)

jOe said:
Hi Kevin, and welcome.

I will also work with bikes from THE 80's (shudder?) Any Favs?

Well I haven't found one special enough to me to call a fave, and every other bike I find is a Raleigh! - I really like the 80's mountain bikes, still have the classic look of the more vintage years, but they have wide enough forks for my balloons! You have a sweet spot for any yourself?

Back