Hello All

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New member here, longtime member over at OldMinibikes.com forum. Mostly lurking but sometimes posting. I was at the 2024 Vintage Motor Bike Club meet in Portland Indiana last month. A neglected and very rusty Huffy 20" of unknown branding grabbed my heart and followed me home. Pretty sure it's a '67. Just enjoying the pleasure of having a new project to sink my tooths into. Currently disassembled, I've cleaned up the frame and everything else as best as possible. Waiting for the rain to stop in my area of Texas to clearcoat.
Thanks!
Mark
1967 Huffy (2).jpg
20240726_144603.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome Mark! That's a great looking Huffy you've got there. Lot's of muscle bike enthusiasts here, myself included. The bike in my avatar is a similar frame to yours. If you're interested you might save this build for the next muscle bike build off which starts September 1st. It's a fun time. Of course, you may want to finish this one now and do another for the build off. :grin:

Check out CRASH's build page for some high quality muscle bike restorations here:
https://ratrodbikes.com/threads/crashs-bike-build-page.101575/

Wow, a guy can get lost looking at Crash's builds. Spectacular.
Thanks for the offer, but I'm hoping to be able to use my bike for a couple events yet this summer. But I will put that thread on watch.
The bike in your avatar, love the front forks. Custom made or are those available?
Thanks!

The bike in your avatar, love the front forks. Custom made or are those available?
Those forks are customized forks from a 26" British bike, Raleigh or Hercules or similar. I bought the bike from @CRASH as a project for the muscle bike build off a couple of years ago. The forks had been recurved by a previous owner. I cut the steer tube down to fit the Cheater Slick frame and re-threaded it to fit the Huffy headset. It was a fun project and I really like it but I'm a ways off from being able to do top notch stuff like a bunch of folks around here do.
IMG_1591.JPG
253214-IMG-0603.jpeg
253217-IMG-0607.jpeg

That's a bit beyond my fabrication skills too.
Nice paint on the chainguard. Overall just a great looking ride. Well done!

I've got a couple tricks up my sleeve. Got an original Huffy two-tone seat, in blue sparkle. Nicer handlebars and a 36" sissy bar. NOS Wald 7140 pedals. I have the original wheels/rims but they need more work than I'm willing to put into 'em for now. Got some generic aluminums for it.

It'll probably never be a show stopper, just good enough to use as a swap meet/car show/race day pit bike. And hopefully save my old tired hips/knees/feet a bit. Construction work took it's toll.

Nice paint on the chainguard. Overall just a great looking ride. Well done!
Thanks! That chainguard was my first go at lace painting. Fun project. I'd like to do that to a car roof.
I've got a couple tricks up my sleeve. Got an original Huffy two-tone seat, in blue sparkle. Nicer handlebars and a 36" sissy bar. NOS Wald 7140 pedals. I have the original wheels/rims but they need more work than I'm willing to put into 'em for now. Got some generic aluminums for it.
This is going to be a cool ride for sure! You should start a thread in the builds section so we muscle nuts can follow along. 👍
And hopefully save my old tired hips/knees/feet a bit. Construction work took it's toll.
I hear ya there! It'll be a great conversation piece as a pit bike too.

Back