Hello Everyone.....Newbie

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone, My name is Jay. I am 49 years young, live in Orlando Fl. I am married to a wonderful lady, we have two girls..one in college, one in high school. I have always been a tinkerer (is that a real word). When I was young it was bikes, model cars etc. As I got older it was all 1:1 cars...I have had many...lots of hot rods, low riders...pro touring. One night while surfing the net I discovered this forum....POW :shock: . I still build my 1:1 cars and I never stopped building my model cars but man do I have bike fever. I am posting pics of a repo stingray I had laying around... I did a few things to the bike just to try my hand at it and this is what I came up with. Since visiting this forum I have made many a trip to the Harbor Freight store to load up on tools that I will be using on future bike projects. So I just wanted to say hello and Thank all of you for stirring up my creative juices....you guys do some amazing stuff and when I do finally grow up I wanna be like you guys :wink: .
cam086.jpg

cam003.jpg

cam001.jpg

cam080.jpg

cam091.jpg

cam085.jpg

Welcome from way too sunny California !! Beautiful Stingray, probably a redundant question, but is the springer functional like that ? or am i missing something ? Liking the small details that set it apart and make it unique !! Is it a BFK survivor ?

old school 64 said:
Welcome from way too sunny California !! Beautiful Stingray, probably a redundant question, but is the springer functional like that ? or am i missing something ? Liking the small details that set it apart and make it unique !! Is it a BFK survivor ?

Thanks old school...the bike can be rode....limited in what it can do. Really, the bike was built at the spur of the moment just to try my hand at getting a certain look with the limited items I had in my garage at the time. BFK survivor...I'm sorry I do not know what that means....I am new to this lifestyle and I'm learning as I go.

My bad..Black Friday Krate, think it was 2007 that Walmart had the famous Krates for I believe $89..the day after thanksgiving..I bought a total of 3..purists aren't kosher with them, but they are alot of fun to ride and ALOT cheaper than the originals..funny though, green was the only color I didn't get ? Either way..I like how yours came out..it's the little things that set it apart.

BKIN10SECS said:
old school 64 said:

Thanks old school...the bike can be rode....limited in what it can do. Really, the bike was built at the spur of the moment just to try my hand at getting a certain look with the limited items I had in my garage at the time. BFK survivor...I'm sorry I do not know what that means....I am new to this lifestyle and I'm learning as I go.

Back