Hello everyone

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what's up?
I just ran across your site and it is AWESOME!! I actually can't wait to start my first rat rod bike. I live in Salida Colorado and mainly mountainbike around here. I have a Motobecan 29" single speed. within the last couple of years I have heavily goten into BMX restoration, and racing. I used to ride around on a se quadangle in 84'. Last year I hit 3 races for the first time in 25 years. Bmx is a fun hobby, but I can't wait to get a little out of the box with my builds. I have a schwinn spitfire that a friend hooked me up with a few years ago, he also made me a custom leather seat for it. This will be my first attempt at a ratrod build. I first got the Ratrod bug in the auto industry. I'm a huge motorhead. I like building cars as well. I have a couple of projects in the garage, but no rat rods yet. Mostly all wheel drive turbo stuff, but if I had the time, i'd build a 29 ford truck. Anyway, here's a few pic's of my spitfire. :D
IMG_0269.jpg

IMG_0267.jpg

IMG_0268.jpg

Hello There
Welcome to Rat Rod from Loveland, Co. I used to live in Salida back in the late 70's. Good times. I bet you ride that Schwinn down to the Vic. If not you should. I lived around the corner from the Victoria and across the street from the Palace Hotel. There are a lot of cool old cruisers and old bikes there in town. I still get down there at least 3-4 times a year. I hope to be back in a few weeks for a visit. Nice looking Spitfire. Happy collecting and riding.
(I tried to post before but my message got lost somehow), sorry if you get a double post. Leo

Welome from Colorado Springs(now in Bkln,NY)! This site IS awesome, and you just might get addicted...
Love Salida, all kinds of cool mom & pops, and beautiful architecture.

Thanks guy's!! Sounds like Salida's a popular place for enthusiests. The Vic is deffinately on the map, I think that's why the headset's broken. Don't let your drunk friends borrow your bike. If your ever in town, hit me up, i'll buy you a beer. :lol:

Latest posts

Back