Hello.....finally.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Hello To everyone on RatRod Bikes. I joined about two years ago, and have been meaning to do this since then. I've loved watching the builds here and have always been impressed with the good vibe of this forum.
I'm not much for interacting on the web, I've had MySpace and Facebook, but rarely ever go on them....

Well to introduce myself (right on) I'll post some of my bikes....
PICT4337.jpg

This is my latest build. Its an 80's Huffy ten speed that I got from my brothers house. You can't see it in the picture too well, but parts of the frame were flattened to make it more "aerodynamic" ( It was named AeroWind ). Long story short I like single speeds, so I stripped everything off and took old parts I had hanging about, and put it together.
I don't know about the rest of the country,(and the world) but Fixies are all the rage here in Phoenix. I like my coaster brakes.

MyBike005.jpg

This is the first bike I put together from junk parts. An old Motobecame frame and old parts I'd come across here and there. I'm most proud of the seat. I love Banana seats, and this one was off a girls bike that was rotting in an alley, thrown out. It had a pastel rainbow AND Unicorn on it, needless to say I recovered it in black leather (the leather came off an old couch thrown out in an alley).

PICT4343.jpg

PrizeandJoy001.jpg

Lastly.... My Pride and Joy. I got this off e-bay about a year ago. I love Bicentennial things (takes me back to when I was a little kid), this is a Western Flyer Muscle?BMX bike. I put the ape hangers from a Stingray on it, I didn't dig the original BMX handle bars. I've replaced the tires with some Mongoose flame tires I acquired, once again didn't like the knobby BMXers that were on it. I also put a bigger chain ring on it, I got from a junked BMX bike, first time I had to deal with working on chain links.

I need to wrap this up. Howdy from Phoenix to everyone. Please check out my build in RRBBO 6. Its name is George http://www.ratrodbikes.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=55&t=39920

I look forward to being more involved here, Thanks.

PICT4339.jpg

Latest posts

Back