Hello From Albuquerque, NM

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone

My name is Ron from Albuquerque, NM. I am married to a wonderful lady I met in Yellowstone NP and we have 3 kdis.

I am new in this older bicycle collection after seeing a '74 Schwinn Collegiate at Goodwill and buying it for 10 bucks. After months of research, I have started to purchase more bikes (some to use for trade or resale to fund the hobby) with the intent to fix older bikes that I like.

Right now I am currently working on (my first project) a 60s Hiawatha that I got for free from a gentleman in MN via the Schwinn forums.

Hiwiatha1.jpg

If anyone have information on this type of bike I would appreciate it. I do know they were sold via Gambles Hardware stores. It does have a serial #.

Anyhow, I look forward to learning from those who post here and are passing their knowledge for those who are inexperienced as I. Here is a little blog about my bike purchases/trades/sales and updates on my projects. It is a very new blog and nothing that exciting.

http://butterflybiker.blogspot.com/

Thanks in advance, I look forward to visiting the forums daily!

Ron
Albuquerque, NM

WELCOME!

cool bike collection.

aww man i do miss yellowstone park so much. i lived in west yellowstone for a number of years. it was a great time . spent alot of time in the park. i even rode a bicycle there.

Well, I've been on the site for about a week now and I have learned soooo much!! All I can say is the forums are AWESOME!!

Thanks for the welcome. I look forward to learning as much as I can as well as getting to know others with the crazy addiction! After combing this site, I don't look at old rusty bikes the same!!

Thanks everyone!!

Ron
ABQ, NM

8) It's so true dude! I just wanted a bike to ride everyday. I had got Electra fever about 5 years ago and I just have had such tough financial times,who isn't these days? I never thought of looking around my community. There she was, Red Rocket, Sitting on a local bike codgers lawn, 50$'s Cnd that I talked down to 45. Then I wanted to find out more about my old CCM and found this site.

Anyhow Saddle UP! it's time to roll!

and WELCOME!

Back