Hello From Auburn California!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What's up people?? I guess they got a forum for everything nowadays hahaha. Okay, a bit about me: I've always loved rat rods, since I was a young kid. To me, they represented the "Hey, I could do that" attitude. Show cars/bikes are cool to look at but, not very practical unless you are a rich man, which I am not. I have not gotten the chance to fulfill my dream of building an actual "rat rod" (car) but, I just recently acquired a 1966 Schwinn beach cruiser from an acquaintance (but, that's a different story) and have started trickin it out. Here are the upsides to my bike situation: A) It came to me with a springer fork setup. B) It came to me with 144 spoke wheels and chunky white-walls. C) I got the bike for next to nothing.
My only real plans so far are, satin black paint, getting the Aztlan bent forks, getting some sort of headlight (cops keep pullin me over when I'm riding at night), figuring out a way to attach '59 Caddy tail-light (if I decide to keep the rear fender), and fashioning some sort of leather storage pouch to attach to the frame to hold tire-pressure gauge, a couple wrenches, etc. I figure the rest will just come together as I go. Anyway, if you wanna know anything else, just ask.

Back