Hello from Berlin!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi! I'm Carsten from Berlin, Germany. After skateboarding in my teenage years and spending my twenties on a bmx i discovered the joy of cruisin' a Schwinn through the streets and the dirt roads in the surrounding countryside. The virus got me since then. Looking forward to talk to you girls and guys and getting inspiration for my further projects.

Here is my Schwinn:

127.JPG

Hi! I'm Carsten from Berlin, Germany. After skateboarding in my teenage years and spending my twenties on a bmx i discovered the joy of cruisin' a Schwinn through the streets and the dirt roads in the surrounding countryside. The virus got me since then. Looking forward to talk to you girls and guys and getting inspiration for my further projects.

Here is my Schwinn:

View attachment 248381
Same neck of the woods as @SwissGuy great guy check him out.
Welcome

Here is my Schwinn:

View attachment 248381
Hi there!
Wich part of Berlin you're at? I'm in Lichterfelde (and sometimes Kladow)

Thanks for the friendly welcome!

Hope my slightly rusty english is understandable and not too school-book-like....

Greetings across the pond!
I speak English and yours is better than mine so we'll all be good

Because I'm still considering myself as new to RRB, I'm using this thread to show you my bikes and some former builds and upcoming projects....

Got no picture of my BMX itself, so this is me around 2000:
DSC_0007_Kopie.jpg

This is an old folding bike from East Germany, a brand called "Mifa", wich means Mitteldeutsche Fahrradwerke. My girlfriend wanted an old gold folding bike, so I bought this old rusty thing and restored it. Brush-painted and polished every single screw and spoke. It is her good-weather-bike, so it still looks that shiny since 2006:

20060213-2_Kopie.jpg

Here you see a standard 80ies boy's bike by a brand called "Hercules", wich was some kind of the german counterpart to Schwinn. Affordable, available everywhere and widely used. It has 24¾" wheels and is currently disassembled. I'm planning to rebuild it with a chrome fork and a narrow handlebar.

20080211_Kopie.jpg

20080727_Kopie.jpg

This is a 90ies "Kettler Alu" in typical turquoise color. One of the first german brands with aluminium frames. Unfortunately I haven't the original stem. I gave it a friend of mine and now it has got an apehanger bar.

20170602-3_Kopie.jpg
20170602-5_Kopie.jpg

Another bike from former East Germany, a "Diamant" ladys frame. It stands in the basement without moving for years when i found out that the owner has not been living here for ages. So I adopted it. A new rear wheel, new tires and a new chain and it's unbelievable how smooth and fast this thing is:

20200816-1_Kopie.jpg
20200816-3_Kopie.jpg

My Pure Fix Juliet:

20200915_Kopie.jpg

This one I buyed a few weeks ago, it's an Electra Sunny-Garcia-style I think, I'm not sure. It's missing the mounting brackets for the chain guard. I want to build an oldschool Klunker out of it, single speed and a Humber double-tube fork. Nice color, but not my cup of tea. A dark green would be nice:

20230904_Kopie.png

These two Felt Bikes i received last sunday for a very low budget. I'm still thinking about what to build from them:

20231001b_Kopie.png
20231001g_Kopie.png
20231001m_Kopie.png

But my favorite is still my 1995 re-issued anniversary Schwinn:
20190828-4_Kopie.jpg

Yesterday I met SwissGuy, who should be called NiceGuy, and we took part at the monthly protest ride of the #respectcyclists throughout the Berlin inner city. I had my Leafcycle:
View attachment 249729
He should be for sure he held on to a package for me for 4 months because I couldn't figure out paypal great guy sends the best postcards

Back