Hello from Berlin!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here in Germany an accident at work is the best accident you can have. The Employer's Liability Insurance Association is responsible for this and you will in any case receive the best possible treatment and have no costs, not for medication and all that stuff and even the crutches are paid for....

Quel malheur!!

View attachment 251135

(I don't know where to post this. Is there a special thread for our plaster casts and injuries?)
That's not very bike friendly!
Get well soon!
(Was about to ask if you'll join next Wednesday's ride, but it doesn't look like it know...)

@SwissGuy
Oh man, it's hard. Don't know when I will be able to ride again. I mean, i only broke my fibula, that is not as bad as breaking your shinbone. But i think it will take at least 8 to 10 weeks until I can put any weight on my leg again.

I'm glad my hands are okay. so i will play my guitars a lot the next weeks......

I had a surgery this morning. The fracture of the fibula was fixed with a metal plate and 6 screws. Now I have to stop using my foot for 6 weeks, then I'll go to rehab to rebuild my muscles. If the metal plate doesn't cause any problems, it will stay in for the rest of my life, and I'll get an endoprosthesis pass. You know, for airport check-ins and so on....
If everything goes well, I can cycle again in 3 months at the latest.

This is an x-ray of my Weber-C-fracture:
Screenshot_20231103-160639~2.png

This ist a web-pic, it shows how those fractures are fixed. Similar to this my fibula looks like.
knochen_blog.jpg

Last edited:
I had a surgery this morning. The fracture of the fibula was fixed with a metal plate and 6 screws. Now I have to stop using my foot for 6 weeks, then I'll go to rehab to rebuild my muscles. If the metal plate doesn't cause any problems, it will stay in for the rest of my life, and I'll get an endoprosthesis pass. You know, for airport check-ins and so on....
If everything goes well, I can cycle again in 3 months at the latest.

This is an x-ray of my Weber-C-fracture:
View attachment 251784

This ist a web-pic, it shows how those fracture are fixed. Similar to this my fibula looks like.
View attachment 251783
Heal fast heal well!

The good thing is that i have my music. I'm going to concentrate on that over the next few weeks. I had neglected it a bit because of my bike flash in the summer.

Here is the latest demo version from Björn, my mate and bass player and beat creator, and me:

Back