Hello from Estonia!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello from cold and snowy Estonian winter.
I have been lurking for a couple of years and now joined.
My english is bad and with horrible crammatic (i have never learned this language), but i hope you understanding me.
I am am 42 years old and from beginning of this century i have worked for living with oldtimer mopeds and motorised bicycles, last 3 years essentially with oldtimerbicycles in my small workshop - building, renovation, maintance etc.

Jaan

Welcome to RRB!!!!
My wife and I spent our Christmas vacation in your area of the world (Tallinn, Kiev, Vilnius, Warsaw, Riga).
Tallinn was one of our favorite cities ever!!! Awesome Christmas Market. Great architecture, very friendly people, great food.

In Estonia never used and sold cruisers, baloontire bicycles etc. No chopper, lowrider or bmx culture.
Historicaly only classical roadsters, some 60-70's 4-10geared sportmodels and some 80's foldable bikes.
On mid-90's started mountainbike boom and the majority of old bikes were sent to landfill.
Cruisers and bmx started with 21 cetury. Classic citybikes, oldtimers, customs etc only now begin to become popular.

Some pictures from my last year builds

Husqvarna from 30's
husqv1.jpg

husqv2.jpg

husqv3.jpg

NSU from end of 20's (frame)
nsu7.jpg

nsu8.jpg

Husqvarna from 20's (frame)
toru1.jpg

toru2.jpg

toru3.jpg

toru5.jpg

toru6.jpg

Dürkopp from 30's (frame)
vana1.jpg

vana2.jpg

vana5.jpg

LVZ from 50's (frame)
n2-1.jpg

voit1.jpg

voit2.jpg

voit5.jpg

The nastiest thing on working with so different models is so mutch different sizes and threads.

Three different pedalthreads - 1/2 20tpi - onepicecrank, 9/16 20tpi 3 pice crank, m14x1,25 - old soviet and French bikes.

Headtubes - normal 1"(25,4mm) 24tpi, soviet M26x1, French m25x1, old Raleigh 1" 26tpi

BB normal BSA - 1,37" 24tpi R/L, Soviet and Swiss m35x1 R/L, French M35x1 R/R, Ital 36mm x24tpi R/R
American and european onepicecrank is different - european frame cup is smaller (~45mm), different bearings, cups, cones etc. Swedish version is with threaded cups, Finnish version press-fit. Sprocket's fixation on crank on different place and size.

etc. etc. etc.

:D

Wonderful attention to detail!!!!

Back