Hello from Houston

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been lurking on the site for a while and just started putting together my first bike so thought I would introduce myself.

Those of you in the Kansas group know my Dad, Thad, I'm the other Thad :lol: This is my first old bike build since I was a kid. Picked it up from Dad and started putting it together yesterday. 1940 Columbia Superb. 26" bike with 24" wheels and 24"x3" thick bricks. Just tossed it together to check fitment on things, need to tear it back down and go through it. I think I'm going to leave the paint alone, maybe redo the tank since someone else already did. Seat still to come.

DSCN0058.JPG

DSCN0054.JPG

DSCN0056.JPG

Hey man, what area of houston are you located? I'm in the friendswood/clear lake area and always.looking for fellow enthusiests to chat with.

Welcome!

Bike looks incredible already...wouldn't touch the finish of the frame or tank even if someone paid me. :wink:

Thanks everyone. I just got the seat on, here's some updated pics of it. I'm thinking of stripping the seat down to the bare pan and running it that way.

Barkeep, I'm up between the Woodlands and Conroe and work downtown.

IMAG2704.jpg

IMAG2705.jpg

IMAG2710.jpg

IMAG2702.jpg

Welcome to the party!
You should post that sweet bike in a build thread. What an awesome ride! Those Thick Bricks look right at home.

We ride in the woodlands just about every Friday sometimes Saturdays. I am in spring and we have a guy in conroe that has a bike similar to yours. Maybe I will convince I'm to sign up here and he will post some pics.

Boom1432 said:
We ride in the woodlands just about every Friday sometimes Saturdays. I am in spring and we have a guy in conroe that has a bike similar to yours. Maybe I will convince I'm to sign up here and he will post some pics.
Where in the woodlands and when. I'm halfway between the woodlands and Conroe.

Usually we meet around 7 this Friday I have some guys coming by to work on his vw bug but we are cruising to the frankenbike show Saturday morning.

Back