Hello from Michigan

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where do I begin? I last purchased a bike, a Schwinn Super Le Tour 12.2 in 1978...using it to pedal 128 miles in one day in 1980 on a trip from Troy, MI to Sarnia, Ontario and back...then for some odd reason in 2006 decided to purchase a couple of Road Bikes, then a Mountain Bike, then a Single Speed Road bike in 2007. I was told by a co-worker that I was missing out on the best ride of all...a Cruiser. I was admittedly suspect. I then visited Al Petri and Sons Bike Shop in Lincoln Park, MI and was immediately hooked. Life hasn't been the same since.

I purchased a 2008 Schwinn Black SSX from them and fell in love with it big time. I can't tell you how many changes I have made to it...all because of what I discovered from all of you on this wonderful web site. It is my favorite bike...even more than the Giant Carbon Fiber Road Bikes I love to ride as fast as I can.

I have never had so much fun going so slow... :D It is even better than I can ever remember when I was a kid! I am now a Coaster Brake addict!

I then purchased a 2nd 2008 Schwinn Black SSX to be my grocery-getter and beer bottle returner transport by outfitting it with both front and rear removable Trek Baskets, as I didn't want to make the first SSX I have to have any "extra ornamentation".

After viewing all of your hard work and wonderful results, I decided to built a bike from the ground up from scratch and will post those photos shortly.

Thanks for a wonderful forum and web site.

Necessaryevil... I lived in Cincinnati from 1982 - 1984, 1984 - 1985, moved to Cleveland in December 1985 - November 1988, moved back to Cincinnati in November 1988 - 1999, where I owned my own business across from Lunken Airport. Hate to say it, but I miss Ohio. It has a lot going for it, especially Cincinnati. A great place to live and grow old. Still keep in contact with the best friends I have, who just happen to live there...go figure! :p Thanks for your warm welcome!

Jimbo1959 said:
Necessaryevil... I lived in Cincinnati from 1982 - 1984, 1984 - 1985, moved to Cleveland in December 1985 - November 1988, moved back to Cincinnati in November 1988 - 1999, where I owned my own business across from Lunken Airport. Hate to say it, but I miss Ohio. It has a lot going for it, especially Cincinnati. A great place to live and grow old. Still keep in contact with the best friends I have, who just happen to live there...go figure! :p Thanks for your warm welcome!
If you happen to be in the area, let me know. There's about 10 of us in a little bike club, we ride at miami whitewater and other spots all the time.

WELCOME!

Back