Hello from Mpls

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello All,

I did this a bit backwards. I just signed up for the BuildOff6. It was the first time I've joined the conversation. I've been admiring all the bikes, enjoying the discussion and addicted to "Fresh Finds" for a couple of years now. I really admire the civility and support of this website. The ingenuity and resourcefulness is great too. There are some really talented people here.

My first RRB was a mid60s Western Flyer that a guy at work pulled out of the recycle bin. I traded him 2 road bike tires. I had built up a Sachs Torpedo Automatic 2 speed hub on some matching aluminum mountain bike about 13 years ago. It's like they were made for the bike. I tried to ride it for a while but it was too small for me. Here it is with my finace's setup. She picked out the redwalls which match perfectly with the faded paint. The 2 speed is great for her.
WFKsSetup.jpg

I put this 64 Typhoon together. My best friend owns an antique furniture restoration shop and stripped the paint off me. Surprisingly a patina came out of it looking like gun bluing. I haven't really seen that before. The red spoke nipples don't show very well until it rides in the sun then it looks like a red stripe. It drives like a truck but I really enjoy blasting around the local lakes.
IMG_2438.jpg

I'll add more but maybe in the different sections like winter bikes and "show me your JC Higgins".

I'm looking forward to swapping ideas and stories.

Thanks

Hello and a warm welcome to RatRodBikes!
MplsCoaster said:
. . . My best friend owns an antique furniture restoration shop and stripped the paint off me. :oops: :p :lol:
We might be civil here, but we also like to have some fun!

BTW, your bikes look COOL! 8)

Latest posts

Back