Hello from Pittsburgh, PA

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First off, LOVE the site!!! I've been reading here for a while and have finally taken the time to sign up.

I am into all kinds of bikes but have not built any rat rods YET, right now my main ride is a Specialized Enduro Expert Mt. Bike and my girlfriend and I each have an Electra Townie.

I am just getting back into riding after a long time away from it. I have been riding the rail trails here in the burgh, did the pedal pittsburgh ride, have plans to do the NYC 5 boros ride next year, etc....

I have been looking for a project bike but have not really found what I'm looking for, I think its one of those I will know it when I see it type things. I am completely in love with Jandroart's Basman 346 project!!!! So right now I am obsessed with getting a Basman frame, which brings me to a question......where does everyone get their parts from? Wide wheels, bars, hubs, tires, everything....

Thanks for a great site!!!!

Doug

Thanks for the welcome guys!!!

dogdart, WOW a fellow Burgher!!! I have not noticed much of a RatRod bike scene here in the burgh, lots of great biking tho.

Thanks again!

racedoug33 said:
Thanks for the welcome guys!!!

dogdart, WOW a fellow Burgher!!! I have not noticed much of a RatRod bike scene here in the burgh, lots of great biking tho.

Thanks again!

Well then......U didn't see me last weekend! Welcome!!

Pittsburghbiking.jpg

How cool is that. Hmmm.....Pittsburgher Rat ride soon? I live 20 miles North, so I don't know the city trails to well. Can ya help?

Hey yinz guys, me and my girl are down for a ride some Sunday, if yinz don't mind us only havng our stock townies. Our next few Sundays are pretty full but we for sure need to plan a Burgh Rat Rod Sunday Cruise. I know the trail from the south side works up to station square and or from the south side works, cross the hot metal bridge and up to the smithfield st. bridge loop.

Its sooo cool meeting Rat Rod people here in the burgh. I hope to find a project bike soon. Also thinking of just starting a build from scratch, in the near future(lots of research to do on that yet)

OK....we are on to something. So we haven't decided which Sunday yet, but can we think of where to meet up and start?

THATS JUST WRONG!!!!.....LOL What a great day for a ride, I am sooooo jealious!!!! Sitting here in the office for another 2hrs : (

BTW, sweet rides!!!!

dogdart said:
The South side loop is good . Could meet @ 18th street park . I have other plans for the 20th , but next Sunday or the 27th seem open .

OK.......Lets hear it guys and gals. Sunday Pittsburgh Rat ride 13th or 27th?

Back