Hello from San Jose

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

My name is Jasper and I would like to say that Ratrodbikes is shweet... allot of talent and amazing builders, I had no idea how crazy and creative some bike are!! My buddy just got a garage with all kinds of equipment, so im gonna be building some bikes as soon as i can!! for now i got some pics of a board-track style motorized Schwinn i built a couple weeks ago. I stripped it all down, got some heavy 12gague spokes and steel rims, painted the frame, engine, bars, and tank and wrapped up all the cables. For the coup de grâce i got a nice Brooks b67 aged saddle. Hope you like it.

-Jasper

ratrod.jpg

brooks1-2.jpg

brooks1.jpg

brooks1-4.jpg

brooks1-3.jpg

welcome and sweet ride. i am at college cyclery in sacto if you need any other brooks stuff give me a call we are a huge dealer of everything brooks. nice bike like the colors

Thanks guys, its allot of fun to ride these motorized bikes. But this winter im going to build an old school dutch bike and probably make it in board track style, ill post pics of my progress. there in still noting like good old man power. :lol:

saw you at the SF bike expo nice ride. i was there with the schwinn with the copper tank plate with holes in it.

Amazing!

I never knew what a board track racer or a "motorised bicycle" was until I saw this forum and even with my very limited knowledge, yours is a beauty to behold!

BTW is it sunny in San Jose at the mo? I would love to visit Cali one day. Its forcast to snow in Manchester (UK) at the mo so not ideal bike weather (riding or tinkering!)

Welcome to the forum anyway :D

karfer67 said:
saw you at the SF bike expo nice ride. i was there with the schwinn with the copper tank plate with holes in it.

Sorry Karfer67, I cant take the credit for that bike, I was never at the SF bike expo... Was there a bike really that similar to mine? Got any pics of your copper tank? That sounds really cool!!!

simplepsy said:
Amazing!

I never knew what a board track racer or a "motorised bicycle" was until I saw this forum and even with my very limited knowledge, yours is a beauty to behold!

BTW is it sunny in San Jose at the mo? I would love to visit Cali one day. Its forcast to snow in Manchester (UK) at the mo so not ideal bike weather (riding or tinkering!)

Welcome to the forum anyway :D

Thanks simplepsy!! it allways feels good to get some good complements. Boardtrack racers were crazy motorcycles raced from around 1910 to the 1930's on wooden oval tracks make of 2x4's and could have sloped corners up to 60 degrees!!!! so crazy, anyway the bikes went over 100mph and had no brakes at all. Needless to say lots of people died untill it was banned when an out-of-control bike killed the rider, killed 4 boys in the stands and injuring 10 others... a sad day in motorsports.
But onto a lighter subject, YES CALI IS ALWAYS SUNNY!!! San Jose usually stays nice and sunny for around 300 days a year!!! (One of the main reasons i moved here from Amsterdam) But speaking of home, ill be back in holland next week where i hear they just had allot of snow!!! not too good for a new bike project :(

Yup im pretty sure I wasnt there, i checked the dates, and I was in LA then. I love your tank, i was thinking about puting holes in the bike ill build this winter. I got a pic of what i might want to do. But i love the copper and it would look great on a brown bike. I think i might just have to make mine in copper if u dont mind :wink: can u weld the copper to steel? how did you attach yours to the frame?
brownorange-1.jpg

well there was a motorized cruiser there that looked dead on to yours then. i dont care if you use copper at all. mine i used copper clamps that go around the frame. i built this bike for the 2008 rat rod bike build off where it tied for 3rd. it is called pay it back if you do a search you will find it

wow thats a heavy story right there! No brakes and 100mph... full on!

Speaking of europe - the UK is getting so much snow (for here anyways) - my first white xmas in over 20 years so its all good. Im betting the Dam is also preeeety cold! Have fun!

Wow! I'm a little late to the party, but VERY cool bike! Great job! 8)

Update on bike

so here is an update on a few changes i did to my bike. I found some old WWII ammo bags in the same color as my bike so I had to put those on, so i got some fenders to attach them. Also i decided to try some engine turning on the engine cover, and some old school racing numbers on the other side.

boardbag.jpg

boardbag-3.jpg

boardbag-2.jpg

boardbag-4.jpg

Back