Hello from Serbia

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi my name is Dragoslav im from Serbia and finaly i found this forum :) Own capriolo flying machine plan to do some light modifications
1.stickers
2.wider tires
3.ape handlebar (if i found)
4.springer fork (if i found again)
and that is about it i think again glad to find this forum find some cool ideas here cheers :mrgreen:

welcome and that is a sweet bike! love the fenders and frame style

Need a little help i can find in my country ape hendlebar if somebody have a skatch or dimension (only solution for me is to make one)
p.s sorry for my bad eng

DRagoslav said:
Need a little help i can find in my country ape hendlebar if somebody have a skatch or dimension (only solution for me is to make one)
p.s sorry for my bad eng
I dont have any factory made apes to measure, I always make my own, but here is the measurements on these. (By the way, are you metric or inch over there?)

P2208772 by LukeTheJoker, on Flickr

P3090024 by LukeTheJoker, on Flickr

The width from end of handgrip to end of handgrip is 675mm (26.5inch) height above the headtube is 520mm (20.5inch) total height is 710mm (28inch) I highly recommend the dual clamp idea if you want to stand up and ride for more power ocasionally, it adds an amazing amount of stiffness. I came up with the idea after viewing "Freddy Fingaz" Spyder Monkey" build: viewtopic.php?t=63722
For your bike you will probably want to make them a bit shorter in height, these ones are on a muscle bike with a 20inch front wheel.

These are some other ones I made, just to help you with ideas. They are 50mm (2inch) narrower and 100mm (4inch) shorter, they are designed for a single bottom clamp, but have a bracing bar near the top to help with flex. As you can probably tell, I just cut the top half of a kids bmx handle bars and welded it to the bent tubing to create the bars, the advantage with that is that I was able to use the support bar to keep the handle areas straight and level while welding.

DSC00219 by LukeTheJoker, on Flickr

DSC00218 by LukeTheJoker, on Flickr

Hope that helps, handle bars are surprisingly easy to make, and can completely change the look of a bike, so you may ending up building a couple to see what you like and what you dont...

Luke.

Latest posts

Back