Hello from SoCal

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all
I started building bmx's as a kid and moved on to cars and other things. I recently got a rusty Micargi Mustang in a yard sale and started to restore it as a rat rod. I have been lurking around here for ideas.

Here is the before and after so far. It still needs some more work
i.ashx

i.ashx

i.ashx

Come out to our ride 2nd sat of month in huntington beach.
Look in events section 4 it.
And welcome bud.
Also a ride this sunday @ HB pier.

A couple of people have asked about the decal i made for the fenders in my build Thread

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=71013

Rather then clutter that thread I thought I would put it here.

My wife and I own a Vinyl Decal business. We mainly do big vinyl wall decals The advantage of having a vinyl cutter is from time to time i get to make decal and paint masks for my self. Currently both of our cars are tattooed with decal.

554096_10150719750839240_1010963497_n.jpg

63257_1500961367994_8258267_n.jpg

That is the BatSmart made by George Barris parked next to my red smart covered in bats.

The answer to the big question is yes the stretched bike is just a little longer than this car.

This is how the decal looked before I applied them. I made a couple of sets in case I messed up and because my cutter is so big I like to fill the whole width of the sheet as not to waste any.

i.ashx

If you are not familiar with Vinyl Decals it is a three part decal. The backing paper, the decal itself and the application tape to hold it together. You peel off the backing paper, apply the decal to the surface you want, smooth it down and then peal off the top tape. leaving only the die cut decal. No clear or white edges. It looks like paint if done right.

Curved surfaces are not easy to do with the type of vinyl we use. I took me some time to get them to lay right on the fenders and I have a lot of experience with these. If I can work out how to offer them so that they are not a lot of work to produce and easy for people to apply then I can think about selling them

But i am always open to ideas. I would love to offer these at some point.

Len

Yea, I have extensive graphics experience, and was wondering how ya did it so well. Often I would separate a leg and lay it separately,because of the curve. You COULD alter the design to allow for a curving, but making it the same on each one would be tough. Unless ya start to use a thinner guage vinyl. Then cutting it becomes a problem. Im digging what ya did. Ill be watching you!!

Back