Hello from Sunny SoCal

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello RatRodders,
Rusty is actually my real name. I thought it was a fitting name to use in this forum since most of the bikes I own are pretty rusty. :D I have only been into the bike scene for about 6 months. I sort of fell into it accidentally when I decided my wife and I needed some bikes so we could start going on some rides with our kids. In the process of looking for a couple of old cruisers, I started learning a little bit about old bikes and became more interested. I started having so much fun looking for bikes and parts, that it turned into a hobby.

I now have a couple of old Schwinns for my wife and I, but my real reason for being here is that I just got a 1938 Rollfast which is going to be my rod. As you can see, I got a set of the Crossbow USA Monark Forks on it. I have already found some very informative threads here regarding the problems with these forks and plan to have them welded up right before doing anything else with them. I will start a thread on this bike when I start building it.

I am looking forward to making some new friends here and also learning from the wealth of knowledge in this forum. Lets Ride!

Rusty.

Img_4650a.jpg

Img_4654a.jpg

Welcome to the fun from out in Riverside!!! There's a lot of information to be had around here and definitely post pictures as your build goes along.

Thanks for the warm welcome guys! vibr8shun, I'd love to do it but I don't think I will have all my parts in time. Good fun for next year though!

Back