Hello from the UK!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello. A few months ago I was driving to work and see two cruiser type bikes free to a good home on the side of the street so I loaded them in and away we went! Both pretty ratty and not original vintage, late 90s cheap copy types.. still fun though!

Anyway so I decided I would rebuild one as a 50s/60s style cruiser. Got some Fat Franks on the way, a velosteel coaster hub ready to lace and a Terry mattress saddle to recover. Need to get some fatish rims from someplace as well.. struggling with this one.. thought about these? http://www.tartybikes.co.uk/26_inch_front_rims/monty_champagne_26_inch_36h/c518p12426.html and the painting them? I dunno..

Anyway loads more bits to collect, paint, build and ride etc!

Cheers

Welcome to RR B, robwizard. Would love to see pics of your project. Those rims you linked look good; I'd go with the 40mm wide NMSW "rear" version in both front and back.... Nice, fat rims with semi-modern touches (aluminium, double-walled) but with the shallow, low-profile look of wheels from BITD....

Thanks for the reply :) I did think that but I was worried 40mm would be too wide and look silly.. I am not looking to build a replica but I would like it to look kind of authentic? Maybe the extra wide ones would look slick though.. I was thinking I could maybe paint the rims? Or perhaps as they are aluminum I could polish them so as to look kind of somewhere near chromed..?

Thanks!!

Warm welcome from here in the UK.....I'm into "Lowrider", Cruisers especially with a retro feel

Back