Hello from Tidewater, VA

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all, new member from the Tidewater area of Virginia here.

Been out of bikes for a looong time. My last bike was an early 80's Blue Max Mongoose with aluminum spider mags I got new in the early 80's while living in England :) Unfortunately my parents gave the bike away while I was in college in the early 90's. Anyway, I now have 3 kids aged 1, 4, and 6. The 4 and 6 yr olds are riding without training wheels, so every day they want to go bike riding, which has got me interested in bikes again. But, I want a cool, interesting bike, not just some generic store bought bike, which lead me to this forum.

I'm a mechanical engineer and love cars. I have a Jag XJR as my DD, and a 300ZX TwinTurbo with a bunch of mods making 463 rwhp on 93 pump gas, a cherry triple black 1999 E36 5-spd M3 'vert, and my dad's 1963 Austin Healy 3000. I do all my own car work, and no-one has touched a car of mine except for inspection or alignment in 15+ years.

I really like the Felt cruisers, but nothing in the current line really does it for me, so I'm planning on building a cruiser from scratch. Stay tuned for a post on that in one of the other forums and please chime in if you can help me. I'm so far out of the loop that I don't know what headsets, bars, and cranks work with what frames, etc :-(

Anyway, there are some absolutely AMAZING bikes on this forum, way cooler than I had ever imagined bikes could be. I've been doing a ton of reading and research and have gotten some great ideas for my build.

Glad to be here,

Mike, aka beady

Welcome!

Hopefully you have tons of storage for all the SICK bikes you're in for. Ya can't just have one!
Has to be at least 1 for each mood :wink:

:mrgreen:

Welcome Mike..Norfolk Airport area is my location.
Frequent the VaBeach boardwalk area with my classics on a regular basis during the riding season.
Not much into the ratrods but do love my tanklight bikes. Few older ballkoners as well.
As Kim_Dude said there are a few of us here in your area.
Great site to be involved in here on RRB.
If I can help let me know.
Hope to see you and your gang on the strip in the near future.
JD

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Thanks for all the welcomes. Hard to get out to the Oceanfront living in P-towne with 3 small kids though :-(

Mike

junknutz1975 said:
Welcome!

Hopefully you have tons of storage for all the SICK bikes you're in for. Ya can't just have one!

Or one for each day of the week....wait then it is one for each day of the year....madness!!!!

jd56 said:
junknutz1975 said:
Welcome!

Or one for each day of the week....wait then it is one for each day of the year....madness!!!!

Makes sense to me :wink: :lol: :lol:

welcome from northern VA

There was mention from one of our members (Valocalrep) here in the Tidewater area of starting our on bike club.
Given we have at least 6 members from the area, I think that warrants entertaining the idea. Nothing too big as there just isn't that many of us but, getting together and swapping ideas and parts and admiring each others rides is a great Idea.

As some of you remember there was a bike show organized by the Altered Suspension group. It was a great showing for their club and I was amazed of the Vintage bikes and ratrod bikes that attended.
I have spoken to Matt, the owner of the Chichos restaurant that held / sponsored the show and he is willing to let us use his location for meetings or gatherings, as long as we eat and drink there on occasion. Sort of a sponsor I guess.

Let me or valcalrep know if your interested in forming a club.

[email protected]

Maybe we can get enough people together to do some of the local parades, festivals, vintage car shows etc...

here are a few pictures from the show that was held in Va. beach this past spring

http://www.flickr.com/photos/10968031@N ... 183755530/

attachment.php

Back