Hello From Toronto

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,
My name is Emily and I thought I would share with all of you my bike love story!

This year has been something really special for me when it comes to bikes. Over 10 years ago I was door prized while riding to work and almost broke my leg and ended up having severe damage done to my knee.
I thought getting back on a bike wasn’t going to be an option for me. It took me a long time to even get back into the frame of mind of even wanting to ride., but when it hit me that I wasn’t afraid anymore the impact was even stronger than that car door.

I knew right away not only did I still want to ride, I wanted a bike that wasn’t just something from the sporting goods isle. I didn’t want a mountain bike or any other high speed racing bike. I wanted to cruise!
I got in contact with my friend Chris Stapley who is an excellent pin stripper , car builder, and little did I know at the time also a bike builder. You see I’m not the most handy type, but as a painter odd ball artsy type I knew I wanted a bike that would look just about as crazy as I do! So the two of us got together and by the end of things I had a swanky flat black Monark Rocket, and he got some new artwork for his walls.

After riding for a few months I started making a few mods to the bike on my own and am really excited by the prospect of eventually building and or customizing a second bike.

Welcome to RRB and back to bikes. Glad ya "got back on the horse"! :D Now you've gotta post some pics of that ride!

Ok folks not the best picture, but here is my go gettin' Rocket.
153usno.jpg

Latest posts

Back