Hello from Vancouver B.C.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mcshagger510

RRB Supporter
Pro Member
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello there, my name is James and I've been building/restoring bikes since I was a kid. Great to be a part of this amazing group, cheers!

Attachments

• DSC01325.jpg
    DSC01325.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 6
  • DSC01985.jpg
    DSC01985.jpg
    133.6 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20160531_171759.jpg
    IMG_20160531_171759.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 0
Welcome!

My ship made a port call in Vancouver back in 86 during the World's Fair. Never had to pay for a drink anywhere we stopped. :praise:

We were lucky, on the last day the crowds were smaller and we saw 4 or 5 exhibits.
I still remember Expo 67 that my family visited in Montreal when I was 10 years old. And the wife and I visited near Vancouver, Victoria Island, in 2019.

I like your tallbike, front wheel drive and it looks like the main frame isn't cut up or welded.

We were lucky, on the last day the crowds were smaller and we saw 4 or 5 exhibits.
I still remember Expo 67 that my family visited in Montreal when I was 10 years old. And the wife and I visited near Vancouver, Victoria Island, in 2019.

I like your tallbike, front wheel drive and it looks like the main frame isn't cut up or welded.
Main frame has been welded on a bit - haha. I'll try to upload a larger photo. This was my own little challenge using only the metal from the three donor bikes. It has 7 working gears but only the front brake so it's an interesting ride.

Welcome
My ship made a port call in Vancouver back in 86 during the World's Fair. Never had to pay for a drink anywhere we stopped.

Welcome!

My ship made a port call in Vancouver back in 86 during the World's Fair. Never had to pay for a drink anywhere we stopped. :praise:

USS .....Ranger, Enterprise....????
I don't really remember, but one of your shipmates met my buddies sister from Vancouvers Expo, married her and never brought her back.
My buddy is forever grateful.

Mcshagger, Welcome aboard from Ontario.
We'll leave the light on for you.
-Ex Vancouverite here Expo '86 daily from across the 'Creek. Saw SRV at Expo and Coliseum.

I don't really remember, but one of your shipmates met my buddies sister from Vancouvers Expo, married her and never brought her back.

-Ex Vancouverite here Expo '86 daily from across the 'Creek. Saw SRV at Expo and Coliseum.
Thank you, and I'm sure Stevie was in fine form!

I was lucky enough to have orders to both of those ships, but it was Ranger that pulled in to Vancouver back then. I had an old Hercules 3 speed that I rode in every country we stopped at starting in 1982, except in Vancouver. There were things planned every day that couldn't be passed up. The city even threw a big dance for the single sailors with numerous single local women in attendence. That was better than the world's fair.
1170694_10151799118846737_1228555224_n.jpg

Thank you, and I'm sure Stevie was in fine form!
I believe that the 1990 sober Stevie was in his finest form than ever. RIP
We had great floor seats.
Joe Cocker opened for him at the Coliseum.

Would you believe George Thorogood and the Delaware Destroyers at the Kerrisdale Arena in 1982? He still plays with the same band members to this day.

I was looking up the old hockey barn and found this informative link.
Ha! Whoever knew that Vancouver won the Stanley Cup? The Vancouver Millionaires?

https://placesthatmatter.ca/location/kerrisdale-cyclone-taylor-arena/

Over and Out

I was lucky enough to have orders to both of those ships, but it was Ranger that pulled in to Vancouver back then. I had an old Hercules 3 speed that I rode in every country we stopped at starting in 1982, except in Vancouver. There were things planned every day that couldn't be passed up. The city even threw a big dance for the single sailors with numerous single local women in attendence. That was better than the world's fair.
View attachment 259990
Honestly Widcat, I believe that my friends older sister actually did meet her Texan husband at just such a dance.
Urban Cowboy was big at the time, no?
(The Wharf?, Oil Can Harry's...maybe, idk)
Once married she also lived and worked on bases in the S. Pacific.
...small world

Latest posts

Back