Hello from Wichita Ks

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would like to start by saying hello and thanks to everyone on here. Although I have not introduced myself at the time I started living on this site I would like to say you all have been my inspiration. I felt that before I introduced myself I had better throw some projects together to have something to show off. I began my journey down this road in March and it has been nothing but fun. Thank you again.

This first bike is one that i grew up on as a kid and was thought to be lost. I was told that I could not have a new bike but this one would do just fine for me. My grandfather found it at a garage sale in the early 80's. I rode it a bit, then parked it in his workshop in the corner where it has been collecting wood dust until just recently.

Texas001.jpg

This next bike is one that I threw together after finding this site at work one evening. I had purchased this bike at Wal-Mart to just tool around the block. It did not stay stock long after finding this site though. I found a vintage chainguard and painted it to mach the already existing color of the bike, replaced the seat, grips , bars, wheels, tires......

003.jpg

This bike I built in a week after finding it on craigslist for $30. I was an 80's model Huffy Good Vibrations. I stripped all the goofy stuff off of it and replaced it with kool. New tires, chain, sprocket, re-done vintage seat, flipped the bars, vintage light.....

002.jpg

Then my wife got involved and wanted me to re-do her Grandmothers old bike. It wasw a bit on the rough side from sitting out and not being maintained through the years..

004.jpg

My daily driver... A 1966 Schwinn Speedster with Two-speed Kickback.... It gets more looks than the clean bikes...

001-1.jpg

Welcome to the forum....you've got some awesome rides.

That Texas Ranger has one wild chainguard.....looks like a rifle case! :D

aka_locojoe said:
Welcome.
Nice bikes.
Was that Texas Ranger at the Art Of The Bike show?
If you're not already, please get involved with the Coasters Bicycle Club and be sure to bring those cool bikes to the Midwest Bicycle Fest next month.

Yes, The Texas Ranger as well as the bike below it were in the show. Thank you for the invite... As I work second shift it has been hard to do pub crawls and the likes... But I will keep myself up to date on Coasters website and try to make it to some events.

Dave

I am glad I am not the only one that has to miss all of the Coasters fun being stuck on second.

I work at Spirit as well... Strut-Nacell building. Where do you work?

David McDonnell

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. Case in point...

I was searching for info on resurrecting a '66 Speedster for my wife when I came across this post. I absolutely fell in love with the black frame/brown tire board racer you built! Because of it, I've gone from having a nice little twinge of nostalgia for the old Schwinn to full blown obsession for building my own black/brown combo. I've already picked up a tired Murray Flightliner frame and fork, and now I'm off to the races. Thanks for the inspiration!

HEY YA, GarageGoon. Where did you get that 26" slick you had on that one black bike you had at the, ART OF THE BICYCLE SHOW??

Back