Hello from Yuma, AZ!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I discovered this site yesterday while Googling Rat Fink stuff, and I found some great Electra Rat Fink bikes with some cool customizations and parts. A few years ago I really wanted one of those but I waited too long and the company changed them from green ahd white to green and orange, and changed the skinny 26" up front to a fat 24"....I was no longer interested.

I then set my sites on an Electra Rockabilly Boogy last fall, when they still painted them in a red oxide primer with white pinstriping and red wheels, along with a black triple clamp fork. I tried one at my local store, but hesitated on pulling the trigger. Needeless to say, it sold and the company changed that model's paint to a flat sand color with black pinstriping, black wheels, and regular forks, rather than triple clamps....still an ok bike, but I wasn't in love....

Then, back in April, I saw my local shop had an Electra Boney Finger and I was in love....I knew better than to wait! I just happened to have enough money to reserve the bike and put in on layaway, and i brought it home in July. The day I brought it home I added an old-school look Electra LED headlight and a blinking red skull LED taillight, which is neatly tucked under the seat. I also removed the wheel reflectors which may not be the smartest thing considering I ride a lot at night, but it sure looks cooler 8) .

I soon added an Electra Rat Fink bell, and last week I added Electra ape hangers, which I had wanted since I got the bike. I am infatuated with this bike, and love looking at it almost as much as I love riding it. I get a lot of compliments, comments, and curious looks as well, which I don't mind. :wink:

Anyway, thanks for having me, and I look forward to getting to know everyone here. Pics to come soon!

Welcome to the forum...the Boney Fingers are very cool bikes. :D

I've often wondered how one would look with a skinnier tire up front.

Thanks....I have wondered that as well, the thing is, the stock 24" wheels are cream colored....I'd have to find a new 26" wheel in cream, or have it painted or powdercoated, which would be a big, expensive hassle, I think. Then of course I'd need a triple clamp fork to complete the look....maybe someday, but I'm in no rush. For now, I love it as is, but maybe someday I'll get the urge to change it up again!

Here are some pics as promised....I haven't seen any other Boney Fingers on this forum though. I'll post more detailed shots in the Gallery, for those who may be interested....

bike1-1.jpg

bike12.jpg

The pink one is my wife's Nirve Hello Kitty HK 4 Ever that I got for her last Christmas....one of these days I'll turn it into a three speed so she can keep up :mrgreen:

Wadup in Yuma, I just picked up a girls bike at the Goodwill there for the 18" hoops to relace my trike rearend. I'm a field tech and have to go on that glorious 4 hour ride out there every now and again, sweet bike.

It wouldn't be a bad trip if it wasn't go ungodly hot, right? I love Tucson and don't get out there as often as I'd like....hopefully before next summer, while the weather is nice!

Back