Hello, im new and would like bike ID help...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, this is an awesome site you have here. i was hoping to get some help identifying this bicycle, im completely new to rat rod bikes and im interested in getting started. this is the only picture i have and i did not have time to check the bike for brand for serial #s. thanks for any suggestions.

5f91484f.jpg

O wow thanks deorman, and thanks for the welcomes, i am from GA,

you rat rod guys might get a kick out of my oval...
77acb640.jpg

almost forgot...what would be a decent offer for this bike in its current condition? thanks again!

In my opinion, 25, maybe 50 bucks tops. Everything but the frame (which is cool), and the crankset, looks pretty much like burnt toast. Others may value it more highly, due to type.

deorman said:
In my opinion, 25, maybe 50 bucks tops. Everything but the frame (which is cool), and the crankset, looks pretty much like burnt toast. Others may value it more highly, due to type.

Thanks, I actually gave $40 for it but i bought it from my grandfather, so it was still worth it.
here are some pics of my progress
as soon as i got it home
DSCF7113.jpg

tore apart and primered
DSCF7130.jpg

polished out the fenders!
DSCF7133.jpg

a little satin black
DSCF7139.jpg

Crank (plastic piece will get some more attention later :lol: )
DSCF7141.jpg

i'll need some good 26" wheels and hope to get my hands on some decent half moon bars

feedback is appreciated!
Mike

well the bike is done, with the exception of a few accessories (I have to find them first!) let me know what you think!
sorry for the bad pictures...
DSCF7155.jpg

DSCF7162.jpg

DSCF7157.jpg

the new half moon bars!
12ed8eb0.jpg

e09bb058.jpg

quite simple, and i love it. it rides very well, with the exception of a wore out seat bracket :lol:

thats the same place i put my rear reflector. mine has bbeen knocked off twice, but looks like you got a sturdier bracket.

Double Nickle, cool, im from Canton, so not too far away. you wouldn't happen to have a bike headlight you would sell for cheap would you? I figure that is all the bike lacks, that and a set of hubshiners!

X-RAY, I just finished the bike so it hasn't seen alot of use yet, but so far so good. it is quite a sturdy bracket, it came of an old walmart mountain bike, i bent the bracket a little to get the look.

Thanks,
Michael

I just sold a black headlight but I have a chrome headlight I would sell for cheap....
I'm going to add you as a friend because later this year i want to organize a bicycle swap meet/show. ill keep you updated on the idea :D

Latest posts

Back