Help ... Aluminun Wheels

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Everyone,

Hey Im trying to find some 24 inch alloy wheels that are 2" wide & anodised Red . Just need hoops

I am lookin 4 for a wheel that resembles what ya would find on a Flat Track or TT Motorcycle sort of profile

Any Ideas

Stephen

Search ebay under Arai, Araya or Ukai. THey both made them, but they are not easy to come by and in good to NOS they will be $$$.

Joe

Wingman said:
Hi Everyone,

Hey Im trying to find some 24 inch alloy wheels that are 2" wide & anodised Red . Just need hoops

I am lookin 4 for a wheel that resembles what ya would find on a Flat Track or TT Motorcycle sort of profile

Any Ideas

Stephen

i was thinking get a set of 24 felt hoops and have them annodized but that would be spendy. ano red rims are not done too much anymore everything is painted

Red anodized rims are great on a bike that you keep parked in your living room (and presumably away from any large windows). But anodizing fades pretty quickly under UV light, so if you plan on actually riding the bike and leaving it outdoors you can depend on winding up with blotchy pink rims in a matter of months.

I wouldn't think the wheels would fade very fast. Just look at A&N fittings. They're anodized red and blue and seem to last years. All of the vintage Indy cars I work on have them from the 70's...still in decent shape. Just my .02 cents.

Back