Help...body filler

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Besides bondo, what do you guys use for filler? I am currently using Jb weld and a filler primer and that doesn't work for me. Help.

You can help filler to stay in place by making holes, sticking pieces of weld rod, or putting small screws in the area to be covered, but it's not really meant to be very thick. I'm sure you don't want to get involved w/melted lead, though.

Im old school and use a product called Dynalite. I guess you could call it bondo.

Its been around for a long time, and in my opinion works very well. Sticks very good to metal roughed up with 80 grit.

Why are you not wanting to use it?

You could always use lead, but that takes a lot of practice, and its quite toxic.

*Edit* almost forgot... you could also brass as a filler. Use it like regular brazing but glob on more than you need and file it off.

The reason why i don't want to use bondo is because it cost alot of money for me. The brass i could try though. I have used silver solder in the past for filler and that work great.

Latest posts

Back