Help! Fastback 5 speed or ramshorn?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently found an all original 5 speed fastback and a restored Ramshorn. I know it all boils down to taste, but which of the two is more desirable from a collector's standpoint? What value would you put on these two bikes? I will probably end up getting one of the two. According to the owner, the fastback is all original except for a brake cable and a nos rear tire. The ramshorn was put together from the ground up with original and nos parts...plus it has the original paint. The fastback is a LG serial number which puts it in 1971 and the owner of the ramshorn says its a 67 or 68 but is going to email me the serial # later.

fastback_zps3a13beb5.jpg

fastback1_zps404d84b0.jpg

3Ke3F93Nc5Gd5F25Med3b9dab3d4f1c91176b_zps2d07b8bb.jpg

Thanks...the owner is set at $500 for the fastback and the guy that owns the rams horn wants to get $350 out of it. Both of them sound pretty firm on price. The rams horn has some issues with the condition of the chaingaurd and also doesn't have the chain and brakes/cables installed (he has the parts though). Here are a few more pics of the Rams horn.

ramshorn2_zps5538f0d4.jpg

ramshorn_zpsd59f71ac.jpg

The regular Fastback,I have a Sky Blue Dec. '67,I always liked them better than the Ramshorn.I'd like to get a black one someday

Thanks for the help everybody. I ended up taking home the ramshorn. It wasn't as bad in person, and the fastback wasn't quite as nice as it looked in the pics (still a beautiful bike though). I was just drawn to the look of the ramshorn. Here's a pic from the seller....I'll post some more tomorrow.

ramshorn3_zps3f9c6c22.jpg

Latest posts

Back