Help finding the muscle bicycle of my youth.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, everyone.

I am from Europe, more exactly from Slovenia (ex-Yugoslavia) - where Pony Rog is from :)
As a child I got a muscle bicycle from my cousin and I have yet to find a similar anywhere on the internet. I don't know which country was manufacturing it, however I am pretty certain it was from Europe. I don't have any pictures of it, but here is what I remember about it:

- it had two back (!) springers and a motorcycle tire on the back.
- in the front there were no springers and a smaller tire.
- the handlebars were not monkey bars, they were very wide and had a parallel straight bar with holes going from handlebar to handlebar.
- it was a three speed, operated on the handlebars.
- it had a banana seat with relatively tall sissy bar.
- it was yellow (but that is probably not really decisive).

The main thing that I am searching is for any muscle bicycles with two back (!) springers. I have yet to find one.
Can someone help me?
Best,
Luka

Update to this ... my cousin found some pics of a very similar bike (That was modified though).
Here are the pictures of it.
I was wrong - handlebars were monkeybars but they had a parallel straight bar with holes.
On the pictures, frame, handlebars, rear springers, banana seat, sissy bar and color seem to be the same. All the rest is taken from somewhere else. Can someone help me, I'd really like to buy it.
http://www.njuskalo.hr/gradski-bicikli/retro-hit-johnny-banana-oglas-9270297

Welcome to RRB. My wife and I have wanted to visit Ljubljana and the rest of your country for a long time.
It is always interesting to see the European muscle bikes. Other than the Raleigh Choppers, we rarely see them over here in the US.
I like the looks of the one you posted. The rear suspension is reminiscent of the Yamaha Moto Bikes. I have never seen a cross bar like that on apehangers, but I like it very much. Good luck in your search.

retro-hit-johnny-banana-slika-27067328.jpg

Hi, yes Ljubljana is beautiful, you should go and see it any time of the year. I was just there (on vacation), as I live in the US for the past 7 years. If you'll need any more information on what to see and where to go, please, don't hesitate to ask.

Back