Help for a newbie?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, how are y'all doing?

A few days ago I found this bike at my local park:

PICT4268.jpg

PICT4269.jpg

PICT4270.jpg

Long story short I searched some old threads and I wanna make my bike look like this right here:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=15473

Btw, I'm a high school student and pretty much new to the bike business so I was hoping I could get a few pointers.

P.S: I know Huffy's aren't great but I just need something decent asap and I would also like this to be my first build project :D

Thanks, Clocks.

The bike in the link had the rear hub changed from the 3 speed to a coaster brake hub. The bars look to be a shortened set of mountain bike bars. Your bike shop will probably charge you a minimum of $50 to swap the rear hub out and that is if you have the coaster brake hub. If you don't mind keeping the hand brakes I would try and find an old 10 speed rear wheel and just swap the gear cluster for a single speed free wheel. Or just jump right in and teach yourself to lace the wheel up. There are good tutorial videos on YouTube and lots of helpful builders here to talk you through it.

I think it would be cool if you kept the three speed but converted the shifter to a stick style. Someone did it here and mounted it to the side of a wood gas tank but I can't seem to find it.

That way you could have the shifter on the top tube or even on the seat post to keep cables down to a minimum.

Latest posts

Back