Help ID mom's new bike.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I picked up a bike for my mom on CL. It was pretty straight and only needed a few cosmetic fixes, but I cannot ID the frame. Its a 24" womens bike that I swapped out the handlebars and seat on, and painted the wheels pedals and chainguard. I was told it had Schwinn cranks and seat clamp but cannot verify that. Fenders, chain guard and pedals are also aftermarket (Wald?). Its a nice little bike that has a few distinct characteristics, as shown in the pictures (crappy cell pics). Any help is appreciated.

Moms1.jpg

Moms2.jpg

Moms3.jpg

It could also be a Murray Mercury bike like my 59 but that one might be 60 or 61 I guess since the dropouts is different yet the frame style is the same.

Is the serial number there?

I didn't see a serial #, but the previous owner put a heavy coat of paint on it which may be making it difficult to read. I didn't look real close since I didn't have good lighting. the wheels were in really nice shape, but previouse owner had already scuffed them out with steel wool or scotchpad, so I went ahead and painted them. The bike rides very nice and will make a great lake bike for her. Thanks everyone !

Back