help identifying a bike

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone:

recently I found this bike and when a clean the head badge... surprise surprise it's a Scwhinn!

Since Scwhinn it's an american brand (I'm from Chile) can you help me identifying the year and the model of this bike? thanks!!!

some photos

That is a 24" pre WW2 frame. The frame has ears for a drop stand and a curved down tube so it is a model B0CX. From the serial number, it was probably made in 1941. I have a '41 Schwinn serial number H28926. It looks like a solid frame that you could build into a nice bike. Gary

Last edited:
thanks man! tomorrow I will clean up the frame and handlebar (you can tell me if the handlebar is the original) and post some more photos... thanks again!

That's a typical Schwinn fork made by Ashtabula Co. in Ohio. It's a good fork. Post pics of your bars. It should have boy scout style bars with ball end grips. Gary

That's going to be a great bike.

If they just replaced the chain ring to make it standard link, then maybe the cranks are original. There may be a 2 digit date stamp in the center.

Back