Help me choose a seat for my chopper Bike. 3 options...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys, Im from Spain, so please forgive my english. im new it this forum, But i love all your proyects and bikes. This is my electric chopper, it has the typicall new chopper stingray seat.

dscn0313f.jpg

I dont want to spend money in it, so im going to use what i´ve got. I know for shure that i´m not keeping the same seat

option 1, add a banana seat... but that would mean, welding, making wholes in the frame and ditching the rear fender because my sisi-bar doesnt fit correctly, and my seat is a 80´s euro type banana seat. very square. Not the beautiful schwinn stingray seat
6393835627_fae8b852ec.jpg

Something like this but with square-ish seat and a chrome sisy-bar
DSCF0016.jpg

Option 2 weld the bike mount and add a regular seat, a thick MTB seat i guess. Maybe i could upholster it with some brown leather and add some small springs (just for the looks)

stingray1.JPG

Option 3 My favourite option, but the most wacky... :oops:

I ripped of the cover of my stock seat, its really thick, so i cut almost all the foam off and made it really thin, cut off about 5cm from the rear end to make it lower. And wrapped it in blue jean denim,

$(KGrHqJ,!h!E-7S82Jb6BP6JNuzwdQ~~60_35.JPG

Got the idea of recycling the stock seat came from this add, he has the same seat as me, but he made it thinner and re-upholsterd it: http://www.milanuncios.com/bicicletas/b ... 426026.htm NOW Mine is a bit thinner than his and wrapped in denim...

What do you think is the best option??

Wow!! 35cm wide seat :shock: thats comfy for sure!!
Im from spain, so i can olny order from ebay... and a few other webpages from the states, without having to pay the tax, the boarder tax, shipping pluses...

You just gave me a great idea with that wide banana seat... i´ll take apart the stock seat (again), and removed all the foam from it, cut the back off the back part completly leaving me with the plastic stucture only, the built in sissy should look cool.

More opinions. Cheers

I'd say go for a nanner seat. Also you don't have to weld anything, drill a hole through the stock seat post and run a bolt through the seat tabs that hold the clamp. Just ditch the clamp. I've done this on a few odd sized seat posts to avoid welding. As long as it's supported by the sissy bar it will be fine. (Or has been for me and I'm not exactly a lightweight) :wink:

Back