help me name this beast!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
its a "burrito" although i feel like this style should be called something a little different. im about 5 hours into the build so far.

what i had in mind:
S4010059.jpg

started Chopin' and dropin.
S4010050.jpg

Stretch and weld.
S4010053.jpg

S4010054.jpg

here is how she sits now:
bike.jpg

ideas?

poorhotrodboy said:
its a "burrito" although i feel like this style should be called something a little different. im about 5 hours into the build so far.

I've never been found of the "burrito" name for this kind of bike either. I very rarely use it as a description for this type of bike. The name is getting more popular with the bike crowd, but then it's usually used for any low bike that's strteched. I usually just describe this style as a stretched and slammed slow cruising bike. The whole Burrito description is a pain to explain. :lol: And it doesn't make any sense unless you know the guys who started the whole conversasion in the original thread of what to call such a bike and even then it's pretty insane to refer to a bike as this.

Your bike looks pretty good. Any color choices yet? Are you leaving the seat at that height or are you gonna lower it a bit?
Thanks,
Chainsaw

Sweet Burrito! Mucho Gusto - I'm feelin "Chitlins Con Carne" when I look at this ride- in honor of SRV. ?? Good work.

set up a poll!! how about murderrito?
get it,,, murdered burrito = murdito and it has some murray in it!! :p

DonQui said:
just a question...what exactly is a BURRITO when it comes to bikes?
(besides the obvious)

i personally don't like the term "burrito" because i feel like when i tell someone who is not informed about them, they think im racist because of the stereotype that came from southern Cali of the long low cars built by Mexicans and burritos were ate by Mexicans, honestly i wasn't there when this name was created, so i don't know.. i say we have a poll to change it.

scrumblero said:
set up a poll!! how about murderrito?
get it,,, murdered burrito = murdito and it has some murray in it!! :p

you guys are geting good with your bikes, yes it was a murray

Chainsaw said:
OOOHHH! :eek:
Possible names:
Ground Pounder
Street Grinder

oh i like Ground Pounder. ha

im thinking about paint ideas now, i finished the fab work last night, gonna mock it all up to see if its rid able before i tare it down and paint. but i was thinking rust, or gloss brown, and have my buddy do some pin strips. or gold and black? i really don't know yet. as fer the seat height i have some what long legs and wanna make sure i can ride it so not sure, i have thought about it but i don't really wanna mess with cutting and bending the stays that go down to the drop outs.

pickled herring, then when ya paint it you can put scales on it. man, that would be cool.

Outlaw :lol: :lol: :lol:

Back