help me!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
ok i need another bike/ project like a hole in the head (got my daily hoodride, my motorized boardtrack project, and my new mtn. bike)... lately for some reason i can't seem to explain it... i want a fixed gear bike! or maybe a fixed gear bike style w/ a freewheel single speed, etc. maybe it's the clean lines or the simplicity of them. i've been staring at fixie galleries and reading everything i find on them. i don't know why but i'm seriously obsessing on them. please tell me why i shouldn't want one, or better yet, why i should get one!
i found this on ebay ... it's got the look i'm after and it's a freewheel and has a coaster brake so i wouldn't be too scared to ride it being a freewheel...
fd38_1.JPG

although i would want to trade out the front forks for straight blade style ones :lol:

That bike looks new. Why not get a used road bike and single speed it. I am doing the same thing. I am "playing around" with a tall road bike. First I will ride it with all the gears and if my back can handle it I will knock off some gears..

Boardtrack fan said:
I got bit by the single speed bug last summer and I now have three with fourth one partially built. They are light, fast, fun, and best of all cheap.
that's also a concern because as it is i have no room now for the bikes i have!!! lol :roll:

here's my 71 with single freewheel. it's at 25#s and it's fast. i luv this bike.

IMG_1067.jpg

just do something like this. you will have a ball.

Outlaw

Here are some of my bikes. The black and red bike was purchased new. I changed the seat, bars, tires, brakes and added the head tube badge. The yellow bike was a road bike purchased at a flea market and converted. The black arch frame bike was a old Schwinn road bike my cousin left leaning against a tree for several years. The green and silver project bike was a freebie from The Flying Dingo.
Picture071-1.jpg

Picture067-1.jpg

Picture057-1.jpg

Picture066.jpg

Hey BTF your bikes are sweet. Are those deep V rims costy?

i actually saw a pretty nice se draft that someone was selling on greEDBAY the other night. pretty cool w/ the flat black theme.

The SE Draft is pretty cool for the price. Too bad it is not a Chrom-moly frame.

I know exactly what you are talking about. I sold my Cannondale road bike almost a year ago. Somewhere between a year and a half and two years ago I let a kid from my church borrow it to train for a triathlon. Afterwards he continued to train and ride a lot. Since I had not even seen it for somewhere close to a year, I sold it to him for a sweet deal that he could not pass up. Since then I have wanted to build a single speed road bike. Living in Texas on the Gulf Coast how many gears do I really need anyway? I want to build one up from an old Schwinn Varsity. I want the frame to look basically stock but set up like the picture from the original post.

I don't wanna be mean, but have you all seen the new Trek belt drive fixie?
Trekbelt.jpg

Latest posts

Back