Help On Year Of Dyno

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Guys
I need some help if you can.
I bought a Dyno Roadster a few weeks ago in the UK not really knowing what it was, i just liked the look of it. Since then I've been reading up a bit on them and found that they were made between 1992 - 1998 after which the company was sold. I've also read that the early bikes were stamped on the frame with a D under the seat post and the later ones were stamped KK. I've looked over the bike and i have got a letter D not only on the frame but pressed into the chain guard, a letter D with Dyno written under it on the handle bars and a D on the crank. At the front of the frame there is the letter D painted on the frame as well. I can't see a serial number anywhere and I'm not sure if there is even supposed to be one.
Can anyone give me any information on how to find out when the bike was made and a little bit more about it. I was told when i bought it that it was shipped from California in 2001 and has been hanging on the wall of the guys garage ever since
All the best Garry

The top tube is pierced by the seat post, the "D" will be in the end cap of the top tube.
A picture is worth a thosand words.....

Notice the painted in(not originally) D behind the seat post tube.

The Roadsters were all so simular I don't remember which order they came out in!!! Maybe some of the dyno gurus will see this thread and tell us both!!! I even had a shop when they were coming out and sold them like hotcakes with syrup! But yet keeping them in order is beyond me.

Hi
I've found the bloody thing, under the crank where everybody said it should be but running around the tube and not straight across it.
The number is YC96100050

Back