Help with an old Kent

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I found this bike for sale for $60 from a dude a couple towns over from me. he said he would give me first crack at it because he knows i rebuild/tune up bikes. i'm just wondering if anyone know's anything about old Kents.

thanks
vinnie

kent.jpg

Well if you are looking to 'invest' in this bike, I would pay that much. Kent brand bike were cheap and dont hold alot of value today.
IF you are just looking for a fun project, and you have the money + more to clean it up, go for it! Dont be afraid to haggle!

i told him today that i pass. it would be a fun little bike to clean up and resell... but i don't really have the time. i'm in the process of doing that to 2 bikes and trying to design and build a sweet custom trike. thanks for the info though guys. that's why i turned to you. :)

My first bike was a 1964 Kent. It was a 20" Convertible. I was 4. By the end of the decade it was sporting a purple metalflake bannana seat and Wald rams horn bars from Sears. I'll post pictures of it some day when I get it back together. My Kent was made in Holland and was a solidly made bike, if heavy. I have a 1964 Kent catalog, and it looks like it was the first year Kent offered a "muscle" style bike. The bike you pictured looks newer than this "I.C.B.M".

3033132963_e3a5af577d_o.jpg

3033972932_ba21742cdf_o.jpg

over 30 years ago i had a bike......im looking for my first bike it was an Orange Kent with chrome fenders tall sisybars banana set 20in looks like a Schwinn sting ray would love to have one in far shape or good shape.
thank you
Robert

Back