Hemi Under Glass Drag Car Theme Bike

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Many of you know by now that we have a Build Off on the Muscle Bike forums to create Banana Seat Bikes with our own Personal Themes. I built the Don The Snake Prudhomme last month and now I moved to another classic Race Car. :D

Here is what I have so far!

hemi_underglass2.jpg

hemi_underglass.jpg

mark1.jpg

hemi1.jpg

hemi2.jpg

hemi1-1.jpg

hemi14.jpg

hemi15.jpg

hemi16.jpg

hemi19.jpg

hemi18.jpg

I really dig where you've taken it, but I agree - the frame needs a gold/black repaint to complete the theme. I've got a drag-themed musclebike in the works as well, but the musclebike site challenge rules were a little too confining for my taste.

Love what you did and the Hemi theme, but I agree. Gold, maybe black striping, and oh yes, definitely wheely bars. Wouldn't want you to flip over and get hurt. You can probably forget the fireproof suit although burning plastic can leave some nasty scarring. Love what you did.

Yeah it will be black and gold like the car, and have full decals to match! :D

gowjobs said:
I've got a drag-themed musclebike in the works as well, but the musclebike site challenge rules were a little too confining for my taste.

Well, I made the rules so the bikes would come out looking like Muscle Bikes, and not Rat Rod's, or Low Riders. We already have Rat Rod Build off's here so there is no need to continue them on the Muscle Bike Forums.

I don't feel the rules are too restrictive but they do have to have an original 60's or 70's bicycle feel, a banana seat and tall handle bars, the rest is up to you.

Like I said without those 3 items your not building a Muscle Bike anymore.

I will add that you can build anything you like on our site but to enter it you need to have a Muscle Bike and not something else. Sorry it didn't work for you, but I would never enter a Muscle Bike in the Rat Rod Build off's either.
:D

RailRider said:
Well, I made the rules so the bikes would come out looking like Muscle Bikes, and not Rat Rod's, or Low Riders. We already have Rat Rod Build off's here so there is no need to continue them on the Muscle Bike Forums.

I don't feel the rules are too restrictive but they do have to have an original 60's or 70's bicycle feel, a banana seat and tall handle bars, the rest is up to you.

I will add that you can build anything you like on our site but to enter it you need to have a Muscle Bike and not something else. Sorry it didn't work for you, but I would never enter a Muscle Bike in the Rat Rod Build off's either.

I think it was the requirement that there be a sticker (mine may or may not be sporting stickers, but will definitely have hand-lettered logos and pinstriping) and the % vintage parts (I think that's how I remember it) because while I'm using vintage frame,fork,bars and rear hub, the rest of it may be new/fabbed parts.

I'm just starting my build... http://www.ratrodbikes.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=24231

I hope it doesn't end up going too chopper for you guys, but it WILL be sporting a sky-high banana seat because I'm 6'1" with a 36" inseam.

RailRider said:
gowjobs said:
I've got a drag-themed musclebike in the works as well, but the musclebike site challenge rules were a little too confining for my taste.

Well said! It's very hard to keep the different types of bicycles from overlapping into other areas. I enjoy all bikes but sometimes people lose the perspective of what a certain type of bike really is. Mucle is Mucsle, not a tenspeed with a sissybar, banna seat and apes! Same should go for the riders. I once saw a guy in full roadie gear riding a Krate! :shock: Kinda sucked the cool factor out.

quote:I think it was the requirement that there be a sticker (mine may or may not be sporting stickers, but will definitely have hand-lettered logos and pinstriping)

Oh I see, well I mostly added that so people would have some kind of Theme for their bikes, painted on or screen printed would be ok too. Just wanted some cool names on the guards or somewhere.

Really some of the rules are more serious than others but more like guidelines,,,,as somebody else stated (so we don't have a 10 speed with a sissy bar) lol

As I mentioned above, we respect all brands, and makes but it is a Muscle bike site so that's our #1 priority.

The wife was off work today so had a chance to work on this today, still have to do all the decals but its closer! :)

hemi3.jpg

hemi2-1.jpg

hemi4.jpg

hemi5.jpg

hemi6.jpg

hemi7.jpg

Yeah hope to finish it this week, still have to add a speedo drive to it and a cable so the engine spins when you ride it! lol :D

Mo Pic's! :lol:

hemi1-3.jpg

hemi2-2.jpg

scott brownsey said:
too cool i love it im a racer i know what ur doin awsum job :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I love how the old Muscle Bikes and the Drag car/Muscle Cars all fit together. They are easily made into Chevelles, Cuda's, and other cool stuff. This is one of my favorite drag cars, although it is not my favorite paint scheme I had to build it. :D

Back