HENRY MORGAN'S COLLECTION

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rat Rod

Owner & Founder
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
So I get a text message from my friend Henry Morgan telling me that he's wanting to get rid of what's left of his bike collection to focus more on his VW Bus. He's been using the Bus to store several of his bikes and it was time to clean house. After talking back and forth a bit he makes me an offer that I'd have to be crazy to refuse....I actually told him that I thought he was crazy. :lol:

He drove down from Oklahoma today to deliver the goods and visit for a while. I started off with a relatively empty garage and now I'm full again. Oddly enough, two bikes I had sold him made their way back to me...the Elgin and the Ruff Cycle. The bike that I'm really excited about is member Critter1's "Lackluster" from Build Off #7. It has always been one of my favorites and it had been sitting in an art gallery window for the past year in Oklahoma.

So here is what I ended up with today...

3uxw.jpg

h25t.jpg

4zsy.jpg

ty9o.jpg

Elvis's Bike. :lol:

3gc2.jpg

nhfk.jpg

8zm4.jpg

0xqd.jpg

k067.jpg

gmp8.jpg

94iz.jpg

3856.jpg

tp77.jpg

4kux.jpg

Now, the hardest part of this deal will be deciding what to keep and what to sell. Don't worry, Henry told me up front I could do what I wanted with it. I may do some part rearranging on a few of these to get them where I like them and then go from there.

Anyway, a big thanks for Henry for hauling them down here....garage is full of rats now. :lol:

Great stuff! He had some cool ones. I got to see the Roland rockit at his place. too much cool for two wheels. 8)

Very cool , the Elvis bike , is a frame and tank I believe he got from me , I was hoping to see a Schwinn in the mix
I sold to him as well , I hope Bobby is doin OK ? , I enjoyed texting with him from time to time ,but have lost his
number at some point ,I would like too get my hands on that Elgin,,,or at least the frame !

Rafael

The Elgin has had a funny past with me. When I first bought the frame off of Ebay I built it up in sort of a 26" BMX style. Then I tore it all down to use the parts for a KOS KRUISER I had purchased. I sold the frame to Henry Morgan and he built it up with parts he had. At some point he traded it back to me and I had it for a few weeks and then he wanted it back so he bought it back from me. And yet again, it ends up in my garage. :lol:

DSC_0013.jpg~original

Awesome bikes and great stories too!

Ha Ha. :lol:

I know...part of me feels bad for even ending up with all of this stuff.

I think I asked Henry 5 times if he wanted to do this and he kept reassuring me that he was focused on the VW now and he was good with it all.

I'm happy to see Lackluster ended up in good hands.. after changing hands a couple of times. It still looks great, and I'm sure still rides smooth as ever. Have you had it out for a spin yet?

Justin, all I can say is that YOU are a true artist my friend. :wink:

I knew I liked the bike a lot while you were building it, and your attention to detail is amazing, but seeing the bike in person is a whole other story.

I'm not sure if this is sacrilege or not, but I swapped a couple of parts out to make it more comfortable for me....THE BIKE RIDES LIKE A ROLLS ROYCE!

Hopefully my choice doesn't offend you.

glh2.jpg

Thank you!!

It still looks great Steve! Looks like a way more comfy ride now too. I'm sure those Triple-Traps & Profile stem will make their way onto one of your BMXs or klunkers.. and rightly so.

Back