Hercules

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Just picked this up tonight. 26" men's Hercules (AMF built), 3-spd Sturmey Archer. I think I'll replace the tires & tubes and sevice it really well and enjoy it!

looks like a 60s english made huffy i got out a barn a few yrs ago same fenders n stuff n color even has the light braket with no light lol need any parts its in pieces

jalopyjimmy13 said:
looks like a 60s english made huffy i got out a barn a few yrs ago same fenders n stuff n color even has the light braket with no light lol need any parts its in pieces

I don't think I need anything but thanks for the offer! It may wind up as a christmas gift to a friend that likes older British things.

Actually, you have it backwards, Chips. The bikes were made in England, but distributed in America by AMF. Sold through Montgomery Wards, maybe others. Nice one! -Adam

Made in the Raleigh plant in Nottingham, just below the quality of a Raleigh bike, but still a very good bike. Hercules was their own brand, and pretty famous, until Raleigh bought them in 1960. There should be a 2 digit date on the 3 speed hub, I'll bet this is a 72. The paint looks good, and I'll bet it shines up nicely.

Rustinkerer said:
Actually, you have it backwards, Chips. The bikes were made in England, but distributed in America by AMF. Sold through Montgomery Wards, maybe others. Nice one! -Adam
Well then I learned something new today. I got it backwards but thats par for the lesdyxia.....

That would explain the R insignia stamped into the stem then.....

Latest posts

Back