Hercules

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
My wife stopped by an gift/antique store last week, she told me that she saw an old bike there. They had, $75.00 on it, my wife mentioned that I like old bikes and might be interested in it. She did not get a pic of it, so, we both went to the place this last Saturday, guess what, they must have done some searching around on eBay, it was now, $150.00!
The bike was a, 3-speed, Hercules. I passed. What say you all?

It's a late 50's Hercules with bent forks and frame also. Look about a few inches back on the top tube and down tube, you'll see the bend. Someone ran into something pretty hard. That's why the pic has the wheel turned so it isn't as apparent. Good thing you passed on it.

If I was driving my Buick and saw it in the trash, I'd pick it for parts and throw 80% back in the trash. If I was on my bike I might try to snag the cable guides, but I doubt I'd go back for it in the car. If I was deep into obsolete English bikes I might actually spend 30-40 bucks tops, with 80% once again, in the trash.

Yep, trashed frame. You could probably find one in undamaged condition for under $50 most anywhere. I still have quite a few old 3 speeds of the couple dozen I've owned, the most I ever paid for one was $32.50 just to get the brooks saddle. I wound up fixing up the bike and it looks and rides like new.

Latest posts

Back