Hey everybody!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been moving around in the shadows here for a while and thought it's about time I register... :) When I was 8 years old or so, building boxcars, I wanted to build a bicycle. Needless to say I didn't have either the tools or the skills to do it. When this spring, 25 years later, I bought a cruiser and decided to paint it to my liking the idea popped up again! I told a friend of mine who said "buy a mig-welder and then you can build anything you want". So I bought a cheap second hand welder, an angle grinder and some other little tools and started my build. Glad I did! Haven't had so much fun since I don't know when! :D
I've finished building my first bike, from two wheels and a pile of tubes, and I've just started to build my second one. 33 years old, living in the swedish woods and happy as a child! :D
Anyway, since I've come here for inspiration I thought I'd show you what I build in hope that it might give some inspiration back!
Thank you!

Gooday from Wingman & Company

Welcome abord & .... YIPPY LOL

Wingman / Stephen

If you don't already, you should start #/date stamping your builds. With a little more time, learning about different lugging, gusseting and whatnot, I think you have the potential to be a world class frame maker.

Thanks!

I haven't thought of stamping dates/numbers on my bikes, but I signed my initials and year (just below the seat on the seattube) on the Retro Racer when I had painted it. It's a good idea! I'll have to see if I can find some place where I can buy the tools needed to do it...or maybe I could engrave it with the Dremel to start with.
I really want to learn more about different building techniques like lugging and brazing. I'm also interrested to learn more about designing bikes to fit different riding purposes. I'm very motivated to try to evolve as a bikebuilder and I'm glad you see some potential, that's very encouraging! Thanks! :)

Latest posts

Back