Hey from a guy on his 1st classic build in WA state...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey there,

This is an awesome forum with some beautiful builds.

Working on my first classic bike build, a '54 Schwinn Spitfire middleweight ladies for my girlfriend, a college graduation / birthday / christmas type present ;)

Even though this is my first classic bike build I can already see how addictive it can be, aka, I already want one for myself haha. It's a partial restore, but I'm upgrading some parts (new hubs Sturmey-Archer hubs, leather saddle, etc), and not all period correct parts. It's just a basic build for a girl who's always dreamed of having one.

2010_04_03-aris_spitfire-001.jpg

You can see more on my blog,
http://blog.peterlombardi.com

A little about me, I shoot motorcycles for online and print publications, and well, I'll snap about anything else that pays the bills in between. I love to ride road bikes, and yes, I am one of those weirdo's in spandex knickers. I love working on motorcycles, I have a custom Suzuki SV650 that been pulled apart more than ridden.

You can see some of my work here,
http://www.peterlombardi.com

Well, thanks for a great forum, I'm excited to be a part of it :D
-peter

Live in the Gig Harbor area, about 15 minutes across the bridge from Tacoma.

Thanks for the welcome
-peter

welcome from nor-cal !looks like you have a good start ther ...

Thanks Boltnut, it may have looked nice in that photo, but trust me, that blue is about it's 4th color haha it's off at the stripper/powdercoater's right now.

Looked like this the other day,
2010_04_03-aris_spitfire_torndown-002.jpg

-peter

Hahaha, oh no fireproof, I guess I dug my own hole on that one huh ;) haha I'll happily post some pics as I go through, but generally I get too greasy to to hold the camera, or to involved in the project to get many interim photo's. Thanks for the compliment though :D It's appreciated.

A bunch of fun parts come in the mail next week, maybe I'll snap some shots of them and do a post then. Few weeks on my powdercoater though, it's something he's doing on the side, but does great work and at a really nice price. It's going to get a Candy Orange powdercoat with a sparkly chrome underneath, should be really fun to look at.

Thanks Rat Rod, and thanks for this site!
-peter

Latest posts

Back