hey from so-cal

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
so after hearing about this site over @ schwinn, i finally got around to checking you out. too bad it took me so long, great stuff here. i guess i been liking to tinker with stuff longer than i can remember, mom says i took apart anything i could get a hold of - alarm clocks, telephones, etc. moved on to bigger/better, and then we had a shed full of bikes/parts (wish i still had THAT stuff) next motorbikes, cars, etc. currently working as an auto tech. then 1 day last year, pops shows up with an old schwinn. so i went online to find out what i had and was now the owner of a '61 schwinn skipper. resparked my interest, so i found an older dyno on craigs w/nexus 7 hub. originally intended to part it for the wheelset, but i liked it so much, i couldn't. bought it from the original owner, who said it was a '96 enduro model - aluminum cruiser frame, rock shox fork, nexus 7 hub w/roller brake. just needed a new chain, and i put some taller bars off an old redline stunt bike hanging in the garage and it's now what i mostly ride. found another bike to part out for a nexus hub wheelset, and have a straightbar frame on the way for that project. i'm mostly into cruisers and original to mild custom, but i'm gettin lots of ideas here hehe, so will see where it goes..... consider myself really fortunate to live here in sd - great climate w/ lots to do and lots of places to ride, lots of bikes and parts to buy :mrgreen: . been finding lots @ craigs and swap meets, dad also feeds the addiction sometimes. current projects are: '61 skipper, will just clean it up and install fenders and seat i found for it. '52 schwinn straightbar ballooner, i think i'm going for a mostly original type resto on that. a couple canti schwinns to play with, and a couple others. wife got interested, wanted a pink schwinn, so i found her a violet hollywood, put a comfy seat, some big whitewalls and streamers on it, she's happy. probably my best bike is a skiptooth higgins woman's ballooner survivor. neither the guy i bought from nor i knew what he had and i passed on it at first. he relisted it on craigs for half as much a few weeks later and i bought it. would have been a bargain at the original asking price. that's all for now...
DSC03152.jpg

DSC03635.jpg

DSC03120.jpg

DSC03624.jpg

DSC03626.jpg

DSC03382.jpg

Welcome! Nice bunch of bikes.

So I ordered up a beer and sat down at the bar
When some guy walked in and said, "Who owns this car
With the peace sign, the mag wheels and the four on the floor?"

Latest posts

Back