Hey now

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just here lurking at builds and hoping to gain info on mine..
1000006458.jpg

hoping to gain info on mine..

Only one photo, but it looks to be a Chicago made Schwinn frame.
Wildcat would know the frame better than I, but a set of serial numbers would help to pin it down.
As for the build, there's some expensive parts on there; Chris King headset, SE Landing Gear fork and saddle (bottle opener underneath!), some nice wide profile alu rims, sweet flanges on the hubs (is that a flip flop in the back?), but what I really want to know about is those tires. That is a sick tread pattern!

Wildcat would know the frame better than I, but a set of serial numbers would help to pin it down.
As for the build, there's some expensive parts on there; Chris King headset, SE Landing Gear fork and saddle (bottle opener underneath!), some nice wide profile alu rims, sweet flanges on the hubs (is that a flip flop in the back?), but what I really want to know about is those tires. That is a sick tread pattern!
Still changing things around, the rims are Sun Rhino lites mounted on Crupi hubs built in the early 90's, also when tire were purchased and only print on them says "performance"
Serial number on front tube DU504171 couldn't match up anywhere?
More pics to come..

Serial number on front tube
I don't know the lookup for Schwinn, but if it is one, being on the headtube narrows it down. for the years 1970 - 1979 (Chicago built) they are on the headtube of the frame where the fork enters from the bottom.
I figured the tires were something old, I'd guess they're from the 80s at least, you don't see a tread like that anymore.

I don't know the lookup for Schwinn, but if it is one, being on the headtube narrows it down. for the years 1970 - 1979 (Chicago built) they are on the headtube of the frame where the fork enters from the bottom.
I figured the tires were something old, I'd guess they're from the 80s at least, you don't see a tread like that anymore.
DU504171 could be a Schwinn serial. Schwinn used letters for the month and year the frame was made. They skipped "I" and "O". This system started in 1965. (*A######) So, D= April and U= 1983

Back